This TRANSPARENT ENGINE is Fascinating (How Engines Work) - Smarter Every Day 292

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
Not knowing where this would best fit on the site, since it's not firearm related, decided to post it here
The link I'm providing covers several interesting stories.. the main story is a guy built a clear plastic V-8 engine, to illustrate how an I.C. motor works...

Using (some) real automotive internal parts ( crank, cam, push rods, rockers, lifters, etc ) which combines with some led electronics ( simulating spark for the ignition, one can see / watch what happens inside an I.C. motor. Guy built all the plastic parts by hand , after coming up with the idea for the project, then built it in his garage.

a 2ndary story is a few segments on a 800+ h.p. AWD Cutlass the guy built, w/ carbon fiber frame ( ? ) also built in his garage.
the guy takes the narrator for a ride in the Cutlass @ the end of the video... with a teaser of the ride @ the start of it.
Wish they'd shown details on the Cutlass motor..it's healthy.

I'm posting the link, but if it doesn't work for any reason, do a YouTube search for the title, as I copied & posted as the title of this post.

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Not knowing where this would best fit on the site, since it's not firearm related, decided to post it here
The link I'm providing covers several interesting stories.. the main story is a guy built a clear plastic V-8 engine, to illustrate how an I.C. motor works...

Using (some) real automotive internal parts ( crank, cam, push rods, rockers, lifters, etc ) which combines with some led electronics ( simulating spark for the ignition, one can see / watch what happens inside an I.C. motor. Guy built all the plastic parts by hand , after coming up with the idea for the project, then built it in his garage.

a 2ndary story is a few segments on a 800+ h.p. AWD Cutlass the guy built, w/ carbon fiber frame ( ? ) also built in his garage.
the guy takes the narrator for a ride in the Cutlass @ the end of the video... with a teaser of the ride @ the start of it.
Wish they'd shown details on the Cutlass motor..it's healthy.

I'm posting the link, but if it doesn't work for any reason, do a YouTube search for the title, as I copied & posted as the title of this post.

That was interesting! Thanks for sharing.

dennishoddy

That was an interesting build. Very cool.
I remember back in the 70's when you could buy a "Visible V8". It was completely plastic but operated with a hand crank on the flywheel so one could see the pistons and valves work. Some folks would hook up a small sewing machine motor to turn it.