Then....and now.

Dux-R-Us

Fear the Duck
I became a hunter at age 6 tagging along after my uncles in Penna. as they beat the bushes for rabbits and grouse. I got to carry the rabbit. I was so proud. Not much has changed since that Thanksgiving Day in 1966.

pre_1310775548__kevin_and_lepus.jpg

dennishoddy

Lovin the SXS! Tell us about it. I have two, and one OU. I'll have to dig for some old hunting photo's from my family's past. :D

dennishoddy

I was just thinking about doing that also. Let's all post an historic hunting picture from our childhood.

My wife says I still act like a two year old, so can I post some current ones? :D

Actually we don't have a scanner, and my immediate family with the exception of an Uncle did not hunt nor own guns. So, I don't have any hunting pics from my youth.
I do have a couple that my sister sent me from my family in the past. The first was some relatives that walked to church on Sunday, and took their guns. Game for the table was shot either on the way to church or on the way home.
The second was a relative in the war between the states hunting as well..... :eek:

LauraWestMatildaWestMertieWestJayBu.jpg

EldridgeNelsonCivilWarPortrait.jpg

Dux-R-Us

Fear the Duck
Lovin the SXS! Tell us about it. I have two, and one OU. I'll have to dig for some old hunting photo's from my family's past. :D

Well, the shot gun is a Browning Superposed, vintage 1967. I only kill jack rabblits with Belgian Brownings. Come to think of it. I only shoot ducks with Belgian Brownings too. I do have a SxS; my first shotgun was a Savage Stevens 311E in 20 ga. My Pap got it form me Christmas 1973. It is my turkey gun now, and occasionally I will shoot ducks with it.

Latest posts