The pigs are back!

Clicker

Well-Known Fanatic
I got a phone call the other day from my hunting buddy about feral hogs. With all the rain over the winter and spring seasons the pigs had disappeared from his property since it's bordered by wetlands which were under water.

The water has finally receded to the point where semi dry travel paths are once again available thru the swamp and the pigs are on the move. They have started to make stops at our corn piles and the good news is they're visiting while it's still daylight.

We plan to pattern them and I hope to knock some down within the next couple of weeks. Now I just need to pick out a rifle or should I use a pistol or wait............what about a shotgun, I haven't taken one with my Saiga yet!

I'll keep ya posted.

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
Clicker: I will loan you my 6 1/2" .44 Mag...that would be fun, and, I have some hog-killing ammo...

I would love to get a shot at a hog...

Steve

Bow_breaker

Well-Known Fanatic
I hunt them in the mountains with a longbow.....the adrenalin rush is unbelievable.

I need to get a .44 BP pistol with a large chamber so if i get charged i can defend myself.....i dont want to be found with a ripped out femoral artery. :)

Clicker

Well-Known Fanatic
Sorry guys I've been working OT and the computer decided to act up and drop the network connection. But I'm back up now.

Steve I have a 41 magnum that should work but I'll keep your generous offer in mind. I have a couple of 44 mag rifles but no handguns in that caliber, yeah weird huh, but I'll solve that problem one day.

Took a 125 lb boar last year with the M16 suppressed in 9mm, worked fine. I'd really like to use my 10mm but I need to mount my Aimpoint on her first. I have taken a smaller pig with the 10mm and iron sights but the red dot would help in the low light.

Schultz

Well-Known Fanatic
I just watched a news report last night on wild hogs in the area, Apparently it's so bad that it's open season on them.

Bow_breaker

Well-Known Fanatic
I wish we could hunt them year round in the state game land....DNR are afraid of people poaching deer however.

Schultz

Well-Known Fanatic
Yea the report did say that hunting them on state land had restrictions but elsewhere it was open.

sdcromer

Fanatic
I am looking for a member of the landed gentry that has a feral pig problem. I have a Marlin 336 in .35 Remington that is just itchin' to help solve that problem! And I won't even charge mileage :D

Latest posts