The Challis System

Rob Biedermann

Active Fanatic
Great thread... I use the Challis bushing and screw o-rings whether I've installed the Challis bushings or not. It works great for nine or G10 grips. Then I replace bushings if necessary.

no matter what, the Challis system is the best! My two recent WC Commanders came with the system.

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Great thread... I use the Challis bushing and screw o-rings whether I've installed the Challis bushings or not. It works great for nine or G10 grips. Then I replace bushings if necessary.

no matter what, the Challis system is the best! My two recent WC Commanders came with the system.
I just installed the system on 2 1911's. They are an outstanding invention!

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
After a few weeks, I reached the conclusion that Challis bushings and the 2 O-rings should be standard on any high end 1911. I like exotic wood grips and if you use the recommended torque values, you don't have to worry about overtightened screws or damaged grips....and the best thing is that it ain't coming loose and you don't have to use Locktite at all.

Sculptor

Fanatic
Thanks to all for your comments. It's always good to hear my products are appreciated.

As indicated in post 15, I am working on a more obvious graphic showing the proper way to install the Hex Drive Bushing System. I attached a PDF of the drawings that will be used. The first drawing, with parts labeled, will be posted in an obvious position on the website. Clicking it will take you to a detailed presentation that includes the sequential drawings (labeled) and descriptions explaining the purpose of each part. I will also include guidelines for which bushings to use (full size, slim or extra slim) based on grip thickness.

If any of you have suggestions for additional info to include, please let me know.

Brian Challis

Attachments

• Cutaway Exploded View Animation.pdf
    39.9 KB · Views: 5

Dub

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Thanks to all for your comments. It's always good to hear my products are appreciated.

As indicated in post 15, I am working on a more obvious graphic showing the proper way to install the Hex Drive Bushing System. I attached a PDF of the drawings that will be used. The first drawing, with parts labeled, will be posted in an obvious position on the website. Clicking it will take you to a detailed presentation that includes the sequential drawings (labeled) and descriptions explaining the purpose of each part. I will also include guidelines for which bushings to use (full size, slim or extra slim) based on grip thickness.

If any of you have suggestions for additional info to include, please let me know.

Brian Challis

Thank you for designing and making your superior products.

Anyone who has gone through the process of dealing with a buggered up bushing will immediately value the benefits of your system.

Latest posts