Thanks!

Ken

Well-Known Fanatic
To all those who worked to put on Fall Shootzenfest yesterday a big THANKS! You did a great job, IMO it was a top notch event. Thanks to RotaryMike for the ride and putting up with me for four hours on the road. Also thanks to FordNut for the awesome hot dogs. Being a connoisseur I can say they were pretty much the best I've ever had.

And I have to say that the array of weapons both long guns and pistols was awe inspiring, especially the suppressed SBRs. I almost wish I hadn't seen them now...visions of them dancing in my head...you guys know the feeling. ;) I've always told myself I wanted to avoid all the hassles involved with having such things but now....dang it!

My only regret is that I didn't get to meet more of you to put faces with the screen names but that will come in time. I'm already looking forward to the spring event.

Thanks again,

Ken

PCShogun

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm in the same boat. I know the faces, and I know the names. Now I just need to put them all together.

Ken

Well-Known Fanatic
PCShogun said:
I'm in the same boat. I know the faces, and I know the names. Now I just need to put them all together.

I remember your setup, we talked about opening Russian ammo cans right?

Frost

Well-Known Fanatic
Often people don't like posting pictures of themselves on the internet BUT

If there is enough interest in it, I could create a section that is members only.
The requirement for membership is to be a forum member with a couple of posts to prove they are real and not spammers.

Ken

Well-Known Fanatic
Frost said:
Often people don't like posting pictures of themselves on the internet BUT...
Might sound odd after expressing a desire to put names with faces but I too am one of those people who is not wild about posting photos of myself. But don't let me hold this up (not that I could if I wanted to), some might like the idea. I think the solution is to have a shoot every month...j/k. Maybe at the spring shoot we can do a group photo, label it and distribute rather than posting it on the net. Just an idea.

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
i dont care about having a pic up or not. my pics are in the Shootzenfest videos.

I DO LIKE THE MONTHLY MEETING IDEA!!!

really just before the meet i was thinking about us having 3 or 4 meetings/year.

Ken

Well-Known Fanatic
Tigerstripe said:
I DO LIKE THE MONTHLY MEETING IDEA!!!
Well let's do it then! If it were nothing but whoever wants to heading to Twin Ponds or Boggy Head, shouldn't require as much work as Shootzenfest. Like local car clubs haves "meets" either every two weeks or monthly...whoever wants to just shows up. I'm new here and I don't want to appear to be trying to run anything...it's just an idea.

Ken

Well-Known Fanatic
Dang, don't know what I was thinking...this would be a state wide thing. Unless there is a good spot in the middle this might end up being different meets for the Upstate and the Low Country which could work I think. I tried to find a good outdoor spot in the Cola area once and didn't see anything.