Sure fire 60 round mags

WillR

Well-Known Fanatic
What does everyone think of the mags? I like the capacity for getting through a stage. The length is good for monopoding. It is much better than the pmag extensions for going prone. The only problem is mine jams when running the cheap steel monarch ammo. The monarch runs in every other mag I have. The price on it is right for the short range stages. Has anyone else experienced this?

technetium-99m

Mighty Righty
Mine is hard to load and rattles when full. Even though my every sense tells me it wont feed reliably it has been 100% so far. Fully loaded its a heavy sob too.

If you drop it partially loaded expect a fountain of rounds to spurt from the top. But why would you need to drop one?

WillR

Well-Known Fanatic
Two people ran mine at the 3-gun sat. It ran 100% with the Monarch steel that I was having problems with. Kurt put in some of that powered graphite in there, loaded about 20 and some more graphite. He said to dust the graphite in there every few loads for awhile, and then less often as the inside of the mag "slicks up" with the graphite. This seemed to fix the problem completely.

On a related note, Cyrus suggested this be done to shotgun mag tubes if things are not running smoothly.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
On a related note, Cyrus suggested this be done to shotgun mag tubes if things are not running smoothly.
Cyrwus suggested?
WTF Will?

Ok maybe he's the one that told me about it but hey, that's beside the point. :)

Glad your mags are running for you buddy.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I have been using mine like a junkie uses his crack pipe. I guess I better put some graphite in with the dust and debris do it stays running like a champ. I bet I have 2000 rounds through mine already.

Anybody put graphite in other mags or mag tubes or anywhere else for that matter?

silver star

Well-Known Fanatic
Door Hindges
Shot gun mag tubes
Pistol mags
Anything going into dirt or has dirty shells going in.
I got some of that advise from Accurate Iron,
Only the good advise that is.

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
Actually. that is where Sure-Fire stole the idea. The Russians already have a quad stack magazine, for both the AK-74 and the Ak-47 varriants. The first ones I ever saw were in Norway in 2009 in the hands of the Russian National Rifle team. Don't look for them to ever be imported, but Sure-Fire Sure-Didn't come up with the idea on their own. Matter of fact a while back Small Arms Review had an article about them.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I keep waiting to see them do an AK mag. The drums are just too awkward for me.

I'm bet the potential for a US military contract on the mags drove production for the AR version. I doubt the us military will be asking for an AK version anytime soon.

Vash1023

Active Fanatic
why would quad stack be better? they hold less rounds comparably to the equivelent amount of pmags.
they take up pouch space so you carry less rounds total.

the surefire makes sence for competition and military applications like the LWRC IAR

Latest posts