Supressor Cost

MrTheBigOx

Well-Known Fanatic
What does it cost you guys to fit a supressor including buying it and paying tax ect?

I just read 1k somewhere is that true?

Thats insane if it is my last one was $400 fitted thats $310 is for it and around 90 to turn the barrel down cos it was too big and thats NZD not USD

Please share

Oh and Im talking centafire too not a .22 supressor

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Depends on the manufacturer, the caliber, and materials used.
Surefire and silencerco cans are some of the best out there and can get you to a grand + real easy, especially when going rifle caliber.
Some yhm cans can be had pretty cheap. My YHM Wraith 9mm was $350ish, they make some for .223 that are around $600-$700 last I checked.

foghorn918

Consistently Inconsistent
and don't forget you then have the $200 tax stamp on top of the cost of the supressor.

Jason1

Well-Known Fanatic
My latest went like this:

$800 for Titanium 308 can
$200 for tax stamp
$100 for threading with cap

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
A lot of them also use a quick detach supressor mount. Some come with, some are buy separately and can range from $50-$200

Cole2534

Active Fanatic
I'd bet that if they were de-regulated, then production would increase and cost would go down.
Yes, it would. Raw material and production costs for a high-end can, say M4-2000, are still quite high. The materials needed to produce a long wearing can are very tough, Inconel 718 comes to mind, and as such the requisite manufacturing techniques are expensive in both time and consumables.

De-reg would benefit us by allowing end-user servicability; by making suppressor components easily replacable the wear issue approaches moot. I'm not suppressing an M-249, so swapping a $15/30/50 over-the-counter baffle every few thousand rounds in exchange for a half price can would really work out for me, and probably you too.

nikatkimber

Well-Known Fanatic
Yes, it would. Raw material and production costs for a high-end can, say M4-2000, are still quite high. The materials needed to produce a long wearing can are very tough, Inconel 718 comes to mind, and as such the requisite manufacturing techniques are expensive in both time and consumables.

De-reg would benefit us by allowing end-user servicability; by making suppressor components easily replacable the wear issue approaches moot. I'm not suppressing an M-249, so swapping a $15/30/50 over-the-counter baffle every few thousand rounds in exchange for a half price can would really work out for me, and probably you too.

Oh, I'm fully aware that they are expensive to machine. But the idea that there is $1000 worth of materials and machining in an M4-2k is pushing it. Especially if the market opened and people could buy them without the tax stamp and 6 month wait. My point was that there would be more economy of scale also.

technetium-99m

Mighty Righty
The market for suppressors is limited. If you could just walk into a store and walk out with a can you'd see a hell of a lot more shooters using them. With the increased sales comes better pricing as is being stated above. It really is retarded that mufflers for guns are regulated this way. I blame movies for it nowadays, but I really am not sure how they got this way in the first place. As with most things gun related that I don't understand I blame the Fudds.

Discuss.

argyle64

Well-Known Fanatic
In October 2011, my YHM Titanium QD in 5.56 was $850 + $200 tax stamp.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
I'd like to get a .30 cal and a .22LR can but the trust crap just confuses me for some reason plus I'd like to find someone I trust to sell them to me that can help out a bit. Later,

Kirk

argyle64

Well-Known Fanatic
I'd like to get a .30 cal and a .22LR can but the trust crap just confuses me for some reason plus I'd like to find someone I trust to sell them to me that can help out a bit. Later,

Kirk

We went the trust route and it's so much easier.

kdf9511

Well-Known Fanatic
I would have a couple myself if they weren't so dang expensive. Especially now that it's legal to hunt in OK with them.

MrTheBigOx

Well-Known Fanatic
Was looking at overbarrel type can for my .308 yesterday NZD$350 Thats like $100US :sarcastichand:
There really isnt much too them no matter what you tell your self a custom built and fitted one here is still only $500NZD I think your regulations :rtfm: just mean the makers of such things can push the prices up a lot and make up all kinds of justifcations, a lot like how AR parts here cost stupid amounts even a 30 round Pmag or GI one is over $100 more like $130

101ABN327

Fanatic
I have three cans, all Advanced Armament and really am pleased with their performance. I have an M4 1000 and SPR/M4 in 5.56. I also have a 762SD for my SCAR 17. Very quiet cans and got great deals on them from Cold Hand Arms in OKC.

Brian J Smith

Fanatic
I have a 308 Shark, it has been on 7-8 different precision rifles and has no POI shift, 1300 bucks plus tax stamp, any day now I should take delivery of a HTG Aries for my AR, I got a screaming deal on it, and word is another company has acquired the patent since HTG is no longer in business.

Latest posts