Suppressed Hunting

Deer season is well underway! A local client sent us this pic today. This was his first time hunting with his new 30cal suppressor (silencer) that Phillip built for him. Happy Hunting!

billsdeer.jpg

HHB Guns

Well-Known Fanatic
I hunted last year with my AAC 7.72SD (jenny dont hold it against me...I didnt know yall were there) supressor but with a covered stand and only a little hole to get 31" of barrel and supressor out of it was a little much. I sure did look cool though. The guys at the plantation where I was hunting thought that was the coolest thing ever.

I regret not doing a trust for my supressor. It seems to be a much better way to do business. As it stands now when I'm not at the gunshow neither can my supressor. With a trust I believe that you can name other folks that can have control of it. Jenny... Am I right on this?

Clicker

Well-Known Fanatic
I had my heart set on a 300 Whisper upper for the AR until I met a guy with a 338 Spectre. Now I'm undecided on which route to take.

I did take an earless, one eyed rogue hog last year with my 9mm upper on the M16 with a can. That was interesting as I never made it to the stand since he was already on the corn pile as I walked into the woods. It's a little different shooting hogs inside 40 yards at ground level when your accustomed to hunting from a tree stand.

HHB Guns said:
I hunted last year with my AAC 7.72SD (jenny dont hold it against me...I didnt know yall were there) supressor but with a covered stand and only a little hole to get 31" of barrel and supressor out of it was a little much. I sure did look cool though. The guys at the plantation where I was hunting thought that was the coolest thing ever.

I regret not doing a trust for my supressor. It seems to be a much better way to do business. As it stands now when I'm not at the gunshow neither can my supressor. With a trust I believe that you can name other folks that can have control of it. Jenny... Am I right on this?

Yes, you can name others as a trustee and then they can have possession of the suppressor too. Folks who own a business may purchase a suppressor for their company. It eliminates CLEO signature, photos and finger prints just like a trust does.

Hunting suppressed is added weight and length but it?s so worth it to me. This one is a combined length of 27?.
billscan.jpg

Clicker said:
I had my heart set on a 300 Whisper upper for the AR until I met a guy with a 338 Spectre. Now I'm undecided on which route to take.

I did take an earless, one eyed rogue hog last year with my 9mm upper on the M16 with a can. That was interesting as I never made it to the stand since he was already on the corn pile as I walked into the woods. It's a little different shooting hogs inside 40 yards at ground level when your accustomed to hunting from a tree stand.

I?ve never hunted hog but from what I hear it?s a rush. It?s going to be tough deciding between a 300 and 338. Both have awesome killing power. Although we don?t own either caliber we have a friend that owns both. He prefers his 300 only because he has not made time to fine tune his 338 loads. Let me know what you end up getting and how you like it.

Here?s a whisper 300 with a Solution multi cal suppressor
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z--gElilBdM[/youtube]

Latest posts