Stuck Safety

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
agreed ^^^^, the less expensive cast TS from WC, don't recall model number, while I prefer the shape better , I stopped using it many years ago. No not because it is cast, but found too many where the axle was not 90* to the body and the axle was not round. Entirely too much work to make it. But I did prefer its shape. I've been using Novaks TS, with great success. Also the offering from EGW, however it requires much reshaping , for ME. It is however worth the effort

OP, glad you got your TS removed

You know I must have been living under a toad stool LOL.
I have been using NOS Military & Colt parts & have had no real problems fitting parts yet.

On the new Caspian Classic 1911 frame I am using to replace my cracked 1918 pistol frame with. Much metal removed to fit the Org 1918 Slide
but now it's squeeky tight for an old war horse. I'm happy you described the process @switchback I won't be living under that toad stool forever, ;) new parts.
Who to buy from today?

kamml

Fanatic
Thanks, a gentle leather mallet and a pin punch was all it took. I have a 270 BAR II that I need to mount a scope to tonight which gives me a breather after that finicky 1911. I have a 5.5-20 Viper I bought new for this rifle and intend to sight it in with my collimator, then take it to the range tomorrow morning to get it on paper. If that won't work I have these 130 Hornady, Sierra, and Barnes bullets to fool around with at the reload bench. Excellent resource guys, thank you all very much.

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
You know I must have been living under a toad stool LOL.
I have been using NOS Military & Colt parts & have had no real problems fitting parts yet.
Who to buy from today?

EGW, all day. Or source out the nos Colt parts. Sad day when Colt stopped selling parts thru their shop on interweb. EGW to the rescue.