State of the Forum March 2013

Imaduckin

Well-Known Fanatic
yup, hasnt been much action in here since i joined, not sure if its cause folks dont want anyone to know they have guns or site is unknown to folks. i moved here from va and we had an active forum there till northam was elected and va became a communist state with new laws, hope this forum gets more active, would like to see some deals and chatter

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
I am planning to rework the site a bit, and hopefully adding some articles focusing on
hunting in SC
CCW in SC
fishing in SC
etc. Hopefully that will help folks find us easier.

Imaduckin

Well-Known Fanatic
Something needs to be done, the place is dead
Really nothing can be done. If folks dont want to post we cant make them, hopefully things will calm down politically and folks wont be so paranoid. I seen where a Afro-American female democrat is goin to run for governor, hope this state dont turn blue like va did

Howland

Fanatic
I am planning to rework the site a bit, and hopefully adding some articles focusing on
hunting in SC
CCW in SC
fishing in SC
etc. Hopefully that will help folks find us easier.

I hit the site up regularly but yes, traffic is slow. It's still good to have a SC dedicated site.

Adding subforums will likely turn up interest and participation a notch. Getting the word out will likely do more. One thing I do find missing on other sites both national and regional is one place where people can keep tabs on current events in general and upcoming legislation in Columbia in particular. Being that place for South Carolina might go a long way towards drawing members and participation.

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
I hit the site up regularly but yes, traffic is slow. It's still good to have a SC dedicated site.

Adding subforums will likely turn up interest and participation a notch. Getting the word out will likely do more. One thing I do find missing on other sites both national and regional is one place where people can keep tabs on current events in general and upcoming legislation in Columbia in particular. Being that place for South Carolina might go a long way towards drawing members and participation.
Great ideas. Let me see what I can come up with.

Bighungry69

Fanatic
I just joined because Armslist now requires a monthly membership to post items for sale. Maybe increasing activity in the classified section here would be a good way to increase traffic.

Imaduckin

Well-Known Fanatic
Still dead in here , maybe we need a shout box for conversation, no topics are getting new posts and for sale stuff is stagnant

Imaduckin

Well-Known Fanatic
Well the major problem is forums are dying out all over the internet, it's getting to be old technology sadly.
not sure bout that carolina firearms site and va gun trader site are very active, i think its a trust issue with some and a major value lopsideness on firearms with most. the ones that stay active have a shoutbox for members to converse and exchange info

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
Well the major problem is forums are dying out all over the internet, it's getting to be old technology sadly.
Not entirely true. Can't sell or buy on social media.

not sure bout that carolina firearms site and va gun trader site are very active, i think its a trust issue with some and a major value lopsideness on firearms with most. the ones that stay active have a shoutbox for members to converse and exchange info
It actually hurts the forums as folks don't post as much.

nightstryke

Well-Known Fanatic
Not entirely true. Can't sell or buy on social media.

It actually hurts the forums as folks don't post as much.
Depends on the social media, I know a few people that use MeWe groups instead of Facebook groups for gun trading/selling and it does literally the same thing. My point still remains that popularity in using web forums these days has waned from the late 90s to early 2000s when they used to be more popular and people would use them every day.

Latest posts