State Fair carry

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Here is the section that I believe allows me to carry at the State Fair. Of course, if a LEO feels differently, you might still go to jail. We each have to decide if the risk is worth the benefit. I have decided that it is.

UNLAWFUL CARRY IN CERTAIN PLACES

A. It shall be unlawful for any person in possession of a valid concealed handgun license issued pursuant to the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act to carry any concealed handgun into any of the following places:
1. Any structure, building, or office space which is owned or leased by a city, town, county, state, or federal governmental authority for the purpose of conducting business with the public;
2. Any meeting of any city, town, county, state or federal officials, school board members, legislative members, or any other elected or appointed officials;
3. Any prison, jail, detention facility or any facility used to process, hold, or house arrested persons, prisoners or persons alleged delinquent or adjudicated delinquent;
4. Any elementary or secondary school, or technology center school property;
5. Any sports arena during a professional sporting event;
6. Any place where pari-mutuel wagering is authorized by law; and 7. Any other place specifically prohibited by law.

B. For purposes of paragraphs 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6 of subsection A of this section, the prohibited place does not include and specifically excludes the following property:
1. Any property set aside for the use of any vehicle, whether attended or unattended, by a city, town, county, state, or federal governmental authority,
2. Any property set aside for the use of any vehicle, whether attended or unattended, by any entity offering any professional sporting event which is open to the public for admission, or by any entity engaged in pari-mutuel wagering authorized by law,
3. Any property adjacent to a structure, building, or office space in which concealed weapons are prohibited by the provisions of this section, and
4 Any property designated by a city, town, county, or state, governmental authority as a park, recreational area, or fairgrounds; provided nothing in this paragraph shall be construed to authorize any entry by a person in possession of a concealed handgun into any structure, building, or office space which is specifically prohibited by the provisions of subsection A of this section.

KellyB

Well-Known Fanatic
e8357744af624d62657a09222e144829.jpg

Someone told me this sign was up but I didn’t see it.

btaylor1505

Well-Known Fanatic
21-1290.22 d.3 (Oklahoma State Statute)

No person, property owner, tenant, employer, holder of an event permit, place of worship or business entity shall be permitted to establish any policy or rule that has the effect of prohibiting any person from carrying a concealed or unconcealed firearm on property within the specific exclusion provided for in paragraph 4 of subsection B of Section 1277 of this title;
carrying a concealed or unconcealed firearm may be prohibited in the following places:

3. The fairgrounds during the Oklahoma State Fair or the Tulsa State Fair; and

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

KellyB

Well-Known Fanatic
Burk Cornelius said:
I believe this to be fake news

Posted via my Samsung S8 using Tapatalk
Probably so, besides I wouldn’t “carry it”, I wear mine. Purse option just isn’t as secure. Lol

KellyB

Well-Known Fanatic
Me! The people watching is the best!
Also, there is free wine!! I think they just put the sign up that says $1.00 for 2 samples to make it look legit. No money necessary!

dennishoddy

KellyB said:
Me! The people watching is the best!
Also, there is free wine!! I think they just put the sign up that says $1.00 for 2 samples to make it look legit. No money necessary!
Pffft...I can watch the people of Walmart for free at their home base and open carry there with no gunbuster signs.
No free wine tho. I give you that. [emoji106]

Latest posts