Springfield XD night sights

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
So decided to get some nite sights added to my subcompact 9mm. Unfortunately those sights on that gun are on extremely tight. Local gun smith tried and tried yesterday. They won't even snap off. So going to have to get them cut off.

Adding some tru glow to the gun. Looking forward to it.

Really a great gun in 9mm. Magazines can hold 15 rounds. Bought some extra mags off Joe Bob $12 each. Ergonomics with the magazine extenders top notch.

If you don't have one of these pieces, they can be had for around $350. I think they are solid purchases for protection or tact drivers.

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
So decided to get some nite sights added to my subcompact 9mm. Unfortunately those sights on that gun are on extremely tight. Local gun smith tried and tried yesterday. They won't even snap off. So going to have to get them cut off.

Adding some tru glow to the gun. Looking forward to it.

Really a great gun in 9mm. Magazines can hold 15 rounds. Bought some extra mags off Joe Bob $12 each. Ergonomics with the magazine extenders top notch.

If you don't have one of these pieces, they can be had for around $350. I think they are solid purchases for protection or tact drivers.
You'll really like the Tru-Glo sights. I have 3 sets of them; 2 sets of TFO and 1 set of TFX. I really enjoy using all 3. The TFX are a little easier on my eyes in daylight because the front sight appears as a white dot.

JC54

Well-Known Fanatic
Never had an XD.
I put XS Big Dots on all my carry guns. They come with threadlocker to "glue" them in after fitting.
Never tried removing them but they say use heat.
Could the XD's have a similar threadlocker compound fixing the sights?
Original Big Dot's are getting dim on the govt model.
Put the new & improved DXT2's on the .45 Shield.
Gonna get a set for the govt model.
Gonna find out how tough it is to remove sights glued in with threadlocker. (God help me) :rolleyes:

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
I dropped it off, they will have it ready tomorrow. the older XD's are known for having tight sights. So best leave it to the folks with the proper tools, at least for me.
I do remember that those old Springfield XD have really tight sight cuts. Don't understand why, but they all seem to.

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
Never had an XD.
I put XS Big Dots on all my carry guns. They come with threadlocker to "glue" them in after fitting.
Never tried removing them but they say use heat.
Could the XD's have a similar threadlocker compound fixing the sights?
Original Big Dot's are getting dim on the govt model.
Put the new & improved DXT2's on the .45 Shield.
Gonna get a set for the govt model.
Gonna find out how tough it is to remove sights glued in with threadlocker. (God help me) :rolleyes:

use plenty of heat, I use a soldering iron to centralize the heating, followed by some solvent, check to make certain the finish won;t be effected.
Also a fan of XS sights