Southern Speed Bumps

dennishoddy

I've know for years that they carry Leprosy, but now researchers have proved it can be transmitted to humans by handling or eating them.

Eating armadillos blamed for leprosy in the South
With some genetic sleuthing, scientists have fingered a likely culprit in the spread of leprosy in the southern United States: the nine-banded armadillo.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42788111/ns/health-infectious_diseases/from/toolbar

backer

Well-Known Fanatic
Pretty intresting,

I had no idea that armadillo's carried Leprosy. Anyone ever had armadillo? what does it taste like?

dennishoddy

My uncle lived in south Texas many years ago. Some of the locals ate it, so he tried it. He said it had the consistancy and taste of pork.
Personally, I'll take his word for it.

Dux-R-Us

Fear the Duck
I've know for years that they carry Leprosy, but now researchers have proved it can be transmitted to humans by handling or eating them.

Eating armadillos blamed for leprosy in the South
With some genetic sleuthing, scientists have fingered a likely culprit in the spread of leprosy in the southern United States: the nine-banded armadillo.

I am not convinced that it's not the other way around! Hey People, quit kissing armadillos and making them sick!!

The genetic similarity of the causal agent found in humans and armadillos does not provide definitive proof of direction of infection.

Respectfully Signed,

K, AKA Dr. Ento, Bug Geneticist

dennishoddy

I am not convinced that it's not the other way around! Hey People, quit kissing armadillos and making them sick!!

The genetic similarity of the causal agent found in humans and armadillos does not provide definitive proof of direction of infection.

Respectfully Signed,

K, AKA Dr. Ento, Bug Geneticist

I'm gonna need to see your certificate! :p

DoctorJJ

Doc's Gun Store
I've never killed one that had any meat left. The 308 with ballistic tips doesn't leave much beside the shell. Not that I'd eat one of those nasty things anyway.

Latest posts