Something a little different in the custom 1911 world.

Master Gunworks

Active Fanatic
Here is something new in the world of 1911s. As some of you know, we hand build custom 1911 pistols. As you would expect these are a little pricey (about $2,800 and up). I know this is a lot of money for most people so I have been thinking of ways I can get some of the same great qualities of a custom 1911 into the hands of more people. So we took a quality budget 1911 pistol and added the most beneficial features of the more expensive custom 1911s. With these enhancements, these 1911s have as good of a trigger, accuracy, and reliability as many custom 1911 pistol. Here are some of the options below. We have serval base guns to choose from or send us your own.
  • Hand fit new barrel bushing
  • Add Group-Gripper Guide rod system
  • Upgrade Recoil Spring
  • Replace and hand fit new sear & stone face
  • Hand stone proper geometry and polish ignition components
  • Polish trigger-bearing surfaces
  • Polish ramp area
  • Throat barrel
  • Tune extractor
  • Tune ejector
  • Test fire

Prices?? Check it out here OUR PISTOLS | Master Gunworks

P.S. Yes, we are still making our fully hand built 1911s

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
Pretty good idea I think, lot of work done on these 1911's, one of my best buds is old school gunsmith, 1911's, revolvers, lever actions, he's really gifted on these and just about any type of firearm, I've watched him do this type work and pretty time consuming and tedious, he polishes to mirror finish, I've helped him when he wasn't 100% after surgery on his left wrist, it's lot of work. I think those prices fair for that type of work for those of use that aren't knowledgeable enough of what it takes to really dive into a 1911 and really fine tune it

Latest posts