SOLD: Mosin Type 53 with Russian stock and original stock $300

rotarymike

Well-Known Fanatic
Mosin Nagant Chinese-made Type 53. This is an M44 carbine clone. Metal is in great condition, headspaced good. Chuu-wood stock seen better days, but is complete and no major cracks etc. Currently inlet into a Russian cut-down M91/30 stock - needs to have the forearm area contoured to fit the barrel bands but would shoot safely as is.

Russian on left, Chinese on right.

IMG_1673.jpg

Russian on top.

IMG_1675.jpg

both of these are Type 53s.

IMG_1681.jpg

I'll try to get some pics of the assembled rifle tonight. Asking $350 for everything - rifle, all metal, both stocks.

rotarymike

Well-Known Fanatic
It could be refinished, for sure. Wet sanding and BLO can bring many a dead-ish stock back to life. I just don't think they're solid enough (they are super light).

Either way - it is shootable without the upper handguard in the russian stock, and you can have all the parts that are with/from it. I think I might even have a stripper clip or two.

nightstryke

Well-Known Fanatic
It could be refinished, for sure. Wet sanding and BLO can bring many a dead-ish stock back to life. I just don't think they're solid enough (they are super light).

Either way - it is shootable without the upper handguard in the russian stock, and you can have all the parts that are with/from it. I think I might even have a stripper clip or two.
I sent you another pm.