So my wife's grandpa gave me a shotgun today........

Dieseltech09

Well-Known Fanatic
and I dont know much about it.

Its a Savage Fox Model B SE series F. SxS SN is A588xxx. 12 gauge 2 3/4 chamber. 26" barrel vent rib single trigger. I dont know what choke it is but the right barrel is stamped with a 7x in a circle and the left barrel is stamped with a 5x in a circle. I dont know how old it is but it is in amazing shape. A little bit of finish wear on the sides and some light scratches in the stock but other than that its perfect.

Who thinks I should shoot it this weekend for the sporting clays tourney?

dennishoddy

Pattern it if you can, but I'd shoot it in a heartbeat this weekend. Some of the old foxes were worth some change, but if your like me, it would never lose it's spot in the safe.

lenahorse1

Active Fanatic
When that was made tha quote 12g bore dia was almost a standard .729, I would bet the right barrel is mod and the left full, on the older shotguns try a new dim in the end of the barrels if it just fits its mod, dont fit full, just an old rule of thumb there.

honeybee

Well-Known Fanatic
It's only worth about $1000 so I think you should cut the barrels down to 18" and stuff it under your bed as a home defense weapon.

Does it have the Fox engraved under the reciever? and how do the Colors look on the reciever?

Dieseltech09

Well-Known Fanatic
It's only worth about $1000 so I think you should cut the barrels down to 18" and stuff it under your bed as a home defense weapon.

Does it have the Fox engraved under the reciever? and how do the Colors look on the reciever?

Good thinking Ill be right back wheres that hack saw at.....

Yes it has the Fox under the receiver. The receiver is black. Im pretty sure this is a later one. If I can find a website to date the SN I'll know for sure.

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
Those are very nice shotguns. I am almost jealous...no body in my earlier family could afford a Fox or Parker or L C Smith........... (but those old Crecent Hardware shotguns are OK too)

Latest posts