Smoked Salmon on a Weber Kettle (Mmmmmm... can you smell this?)

ButchA

Well-Known Fanatic
For all you BBQ fans out there, I am a firm believer in charcoal and the classic, iconic, Weber Kettle BBQ grill. My wife found an incredible seasoning recipe for Smoked Salmon on a cedar plank, and I got the Weber Kettle going with the charcoal chimney gizmo. Close the vents and let it "get happy" for 30 minutes (and/or probe it with a meat thermometer, and when it reads: 145°, it's done...)

Besides all the common interest in 1911's, who else shares a common interest in BBQ? :cool:

Salmon.Weber.Kettle.jpg

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
D77AC82F-94D9-4EFC-8BB4-39159A315330.jpeg
Tonight's dinner is today's freshly caught Trigger fish! Eight hour fishing trip with nada until hour 6 then ended up with 17 triggers:) went for Mahi Mahi but none in sight all day, hooked a Cobia but lost that one.

Never had trigger fish but I'm told we're in for a treat.

Mike A

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
We do carp like that 'round here. We throw the fish out and eat the board.
seriously, nice work, good stuff man.
I've hunted them with an old Whisky bottle, shot them with a Bow & fishing arrow.
We can them like tuna, then with all the small bones gone so to speak, we then mix
Mayo & pickles for Fisk Samwitches. Yummy & clean fish, as it will die in dirty water
that Bass will live in.

Trash fish? Hardly & they come in big meaty bodies that do have small bones but
when cooked they get soft. Mud vein? How when they live in such clean water?

1Sgt_Jerry

Well-Known Fanatic
I've hunted them with an old Whisky bottle, shot them with a Bow & fishing arrow.
We can them like tuna, then with all the small bones gone so to speak, we then mix
Mayo & pickles for Fisk Samwitches. Yummy & clean fish, as it will die in dirty water
that Bass will live in.

Trash fish? Hardly & they come in big meaty bodies that do have small bones but
when cooked they get soft. Mud vein? How when they live in such clean water?
Agreed, they sometimes get a bad rap. Buffalo is very good. Prep for all of it is key. I'm preaching to the choir of course.
ive been to many a fish fry where carp was a "filler" alongside other fish. People happily ate it. The beer probly helped too

Latest posts