Slugs?

stan686

Well-Known Fanatic
What choke tube for slugs? For that matter, what is the choke of choice for most of the shotgun portions of 3 gun?

true that, Ryan.
Also, my opinion is dont go super out of your way to burn a case of slugs thru 6 different chokes trying to pick up an extra 1/2" on a 3" group at 60yds. On most slug shots, a decently good group is usually good enough. -Cause when you miss slugs, 1. is because you have no idea where they hit, and 2. youre jerking-flinching the snot out of the gun, when you need to think of it as a rifle with iron sights.

Bentsight

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm sure I'm only one of many, but I can vouch that Mike has his SG dialed in for slugs. I got to shoot in his group Saturday and all four of his slug targets were were hit nearly dead center. Or........he jerked/flinched the snot out of it right back to the center of the target. ;)

On my benelli, my Briley Diffusion groups slightly lower than my light modified, but groups are about the same.

for your perusal, this is a 5 shot off-hand group I fired out of new M2 that was just reunited with its local owner. 5 shots fiocchi 10z LR slugs, 55-ish yards.
If you break the trigger cleanly and let the gun's sight radius work for you, you dont have to be a human sandbag to get good slug groups.

gondo

Well-Known Fanatic
mike cyrwus said:
On my benelli, my Briley Diffusion groups slightly lower than my light modified, but groups are about the same.

for your perusal, this is a 5 shot off-hand group I fired out of new M2 that was just reunited with its local owner. 5 shots fiocchi 10z LR slugs, 55-ish yards.
If you break the trigger cleanly and let the gun's sight radius work for you, you dont have to be a human sandbag to get good slug groups.
Hey that's mine I think lol, and no that firkin thing ain't comin in till Thursday!

gondo said:
Hey that's mine I think lol, and no that firkin thing ain't comin in till Thursday!
Oh, shoot youre right! The shooter I was thinking of was the guy who kept me busy on Friday night so i couldnt get your gun out.
Its best if you dont practice too much before a match anyway. sorry!

gondo

Well-Known Fanatic
mike cyrwus said:
Oh, shoot youre right! The shooter I was thinking of was the guy who kept me busy on Friday night so i couldnt get your gun out.
Its best if you dont practice too much before a match anyway. sorry!
I'm all good I've been shooting benellis for a decade and they fit me perfect in stock configuration so they all feel the same to me but I am like a kid waiting for Christmas, I've been trying not to get my thumb stuck in my stock m1 and sbe for about a year now.

gng4life

Active Fanatic
I use LM and below with slugs and all shoot fine. The point of impact does slightly change with some but close enough to not worry about it...

newbirdhunter

Active Fanatic
Hey guys since we're asking about slugs, what kind do you use? I see Slug, Rifled Slug, Sabot Slug. Not sure which to get.

Thanks.

Frank

1oz. fiocchi low recoil slugs, (yellow box)
the 7/8oz slugs(black box)are iffy as far as cycling a M2.

Latest posts