slowly getting closer to 1st 3 gun match

brotherhef

Well-Known Fanatic
Slowly getting closer to a first 3 gun match. The 3 guns I have now that kinda could work for 3 gun is rem 870, ar with rockriver lower/stag upper. and not pictured mp pro (With Mike\accurate Iron getting new trigger, sights, and grip done) I believe Im going to have to ditch the 870 pump for a semi auto. I want to know what small things I could switch up on my ar to make it better for 3 gun besides jp trigger which I decided on. I want to avoid getting too much $ into this cause eventually like many I want a full jp rifle. Ive concidered selling my upper for a ss 18". Any suggestions on a decent upper or barrel that wont break the bank? Side question. To remove the front sight, do I just punch out the pins and put in a different gas block?
DSC02251.jpg
DSC02252.jpg

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Yes, that's how you remove the front sight base. Just an FYI, they're taper pins, so they only go in/out from one side.

Shoot what you have & have fun. After you shoot and figure what you need to change, then start making the improvements. You can spend alot of money changing things to what you have no idea works for you or not. Ask people to let you try out things they have that you're intersted in.

Redline

Well-Known Fanatic
Shoot what you have & have fun. After you shoot and figure what you need to change, then start making the improvements. You can spend alot of money changing things to what you have no idea works for you or not. Ask people to let you try out things they have that you're intersted in.

:stupid:

Sorry Wall I just found the rest of the smileys lol

redneck1861

No, I didn't get arrested
When are you gonna shoot your first 3-gun mattch? There is on on April 17th I believe at OKCGC, that will be my first 3-gun match

brotherhef

Well-Known Fanatic
wont be that soon. I still have to get mag pouches and stuff + more. Good luck on your first match. post how it went if you end up going.

redneck1861

wont be that soon. I still have to get mag pouches and stuff + more. Good luck on your first match. post how it went if you end up going.

I am for sure going, I don't have any mag holders at all, so mine will be going in pockets. I'll probably wear a dump pouch for shotgun ammo

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Midway has good prices for mag holsters and shotshell caddies. As well as pistol mag holsters. You can look up usable coupon codes, too, to reduce your total. I just got a bunch of these things so I can start 3Gunning, and next months match will be my first as well.

redneck1861

David E is gonna make me a holster and some mag holders for my pistol, I don't if he makes them for AR mags though

Latest posts