Shooting people over gas

C_Carson

Well-Known Fanatic
I hate to sound callous, but there was significant warning that Sandy was coming. Why didn't these people prepare? Food, fuel, back up power, leaving the area...?

Oh, right. Because the government will come in and save them. What could go wrong with that plan? :roll:

Forward thinking people would have taken the precautions necessary to have the luxury to avoid the desperate and crazy folks who are currently wielding guns and knives at each other over resources.

Rosea Carpa

Well-Known Fanatic
Glenn Beck said 4 days and after that with no food or water people start to get scared and do things like this.

But someone should tell them not to worry because Bloomberg is still having the New York City marathon .

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
seriously, how many days could you "make it" if that happened here or you were there as of right now? cant go get any gas or food.

im not going to depend on fema and im not going to leave. i need more food, maybe a vest, a machine gun... wait got that.

04ctd

Well-Known Fanatic
North of North Chuck, South of Scummerville
i have five five gallon cans that i rotate keeping full/ using in lawnmower to keep fresh..
and i have five more empty, and i have a 20 gallon plastic barrel. i think i would go fill all them up PRIOR to a storm if we had one

HUGO was a situation, and i think it was MUCH worse than what hit NJersey.

i think people who live in apartments really do not have the ability to prepare/store/be ready.

Midnight Raver

Well-Known Fanatic
Unfortunately in city/built up areas, there is a limit on how much fuel you can have on your property. Even in NH you can get screwed for storing fuels in other containers or even rated barrels. Sadly it is a big problem, but can you imagine what fires could be caused by idiots with unsafe fuel reserves?

Rosea Carpa

Well-Known Fanatic
Me personally as long as it is this time of year or colder and I can kill things to eat all I have to worry about is a fresh water source.... Plug the pump on the well into the generator and now we have drinking water!!! So I could last for a while..... And summer we do have some food storage to last a FEW days.

urbancommandox

Well-Known Fanatic
A lot of my family is up there. I've lived through a lot of nj floods. The famous YouTube video of he national guard idiots comming to the rescue and sinking there trucks in the process made my town famous. When people get on the news and complain there's no food, no water, no power. I want to reach through the tv and slap them. Then the guy they interviewed in nyc who said were hungry the restaurants aren't open what are we to do I want to slap twice. Then I saw the humbling picture of these idiots eating it of a dumpster. Christ if you were third floor or above in nyc all you had to do was plywood the windows and slide of your condo and apartment and relax. You had a weeks worth of warning plus only one entry point for looters chill for a week read one books let your beer cook outside. Guess none of these people have ever been camping.

Latest posts