September 1

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Are we going to still be in the 100's while we are trying to hide behind a little burned up twig in SW Oklahoma and shoot at a small gray bird going by at 96 MPH?

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Mark, I usually come down there to hunt with friends or family but i don't know if there will be anything for them to drink or not. Is there any water in the irrigation ditches?

dennishoddy

Hopefully we will get some rain this year. I had a little patch that I was going to put some sunflowers on this spring, but it was so dry I didn't want to waste the money for fuel and seed. I put wheat on it last year but it was so dry it wasn't worth cutting, and its still there headed out, so I'll lightly disk it about a week before season. So that might bring in some dove.

I'm going to have to check the regs. Seems I remember something about there being a split season this year,statewide, similar to the one they had last year on the SW. That will be good for me, as For whatever reason, I'll get a ton of dove come to a little 22 acre grove of trees in the middle of a section. Dammed pond is dry in there now. Hopefully we will get some rain and get some water in it. Its grown up in weeds now, so running a disk through it, and around the edges right now might reap some rewards later on when we do get some rain.

[email protected]

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm going to head east this year. They got plenty of rain earlier in the year that filled all the ponds over there. They're not dry yet so should be good.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
I'm going to head east this year. They got plenty of rain earlier in the year that filled all the ponds over there. They're not dry yet so should be good.

Where east? I'm not trying to steal your spot, just wondering where in the State there might be better hunting?

[email protected]

Well-Known Fanatic
Where east? I'm not trying to steal your spot, just wondering where in the State there might be better hunting?
Council Hill area. It's roughly between Muskogee and Checotah. Lots of milo if it hasn't burned up.
The FFA at Midway school leases dove fields as a fund raiser, they have some really great shooting.

Latest posts