SDS Imports 1911 A1 Tanker

spacelordmaster

Active Fanatic
I just got this gun this morning after spending weeks reading about it and looking at reviews. From everything I read, this baby eats anything you put through it, even hollow points, which is surprising since 1911's don't seem to like HP ammo much. The gun cost $399.00 and they weren't wrong when they said they quality was superb. I am dying to go shoot it. Ammo is very expensive now thanks to the patriotic conspiracy theorists who keep hoarding all the ammo. A box of 50 rounds is a ridiculous $59.00. Go figure. Anyways, here's a pic of the gun.

IMG_0519.JPG
IMG_0517.jpg

Nikrnic

Well-Known Fanatic
Congrats! Is that a 5" barrel? Enjoy your range time. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

spacelordmaster

Active Fanatic
Looks good, is this another Pilipino import?
Hi. No sir, this one is from Turkey. I have another gun from Turkey, a Stoeger STR-9, and that thing is absolutely awesome. over 800 rounds and never a single issue. They make good guns. A lot of people think that their guns are crap because of the price, not realizing they make those guns for their army as well. The reason they are cheap is because cost of manufacturing in Turkey is very, very cheap and therefore they can afford to make premium quality guns at low cost. I still haven't been to the range with it as ammo is ridiculously expensive at the moment due to the ignorant hoarders out there who think the end of the world is coming next week, but hopefully things will normalize soon and ammo will become available at normal prices again.

Which 1911 do you have sir?

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm rather familiar with Turkish guns. Have shot a few Huglu shotguns, toured their shop in Adana. And I know all about the Stoeger line as well.

Turkish quality is decent for what you are paying.

As far as my 1911s?
Chambers
Nighthawk
Alchemy
Bob Rodgers Colt
Guncrafter
Remington Rand

spacelordmaster

Active Fanatic
I'm rather familiar with Turkish guns. Have shot a few Huglu shotguns, toured their shop in Adana. And I know all about the Stoeger line as well.

Turkish quality is decent for what you are paying.

As far as my 1911s?
Chambers
Nighthawk
Alchemy
Bob Rodgers Colt
Guncrafter
Remington Rand
Oh very nice collection there. Hey quick question for you. The beaver tail that comes with my 1911 is not as long as the ones you would find in more expensive models, this due to the fact that this is a clone of the original 1911 and that one didn't have the longer beaver tail. Is that something that can be replaced with a longer one?

spacelordmaster

Active Fanatic
Yes, that can be replaced. However, for a good fit, the frame tangs are blended. This creates the need for a full refinish.
Cool. Thanks for the info. I have a friend who bought a $2,000 Dan Wesson 1911 and he has had nothing but issues with it. He sent it to the factory and they sent him a new one and he's still having jams and FTFs. I guess expensive doesn't necessarily mean its better?

spacelordmaster

Active Fanatic
NOTE: In the video he talks about the gun wobbling. He must have had a an older revision of the gun as the one I have is a newer revision and it doesn't do any of that. It's tight as hell and the safety makes no noises.

pistolgrips

Well-Known Fanatic
Two thoughts about this 1911:
(1) Turkey makes incredibly accurate and reliable firearms.
(2) Myth Buster: Modern (post early '80's) 1911's won't reliably feed/etc HP ammo. That's a load of horse hockey. And they don't have to be $2k guns, either.

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
I've learned the value of having a good , knowledgeable, gunsmith to consult when using firearms is your passion.
Able to trouble shoot issues , fix problems , offer suggestions on modifications ,& answer any question you might have about your firearm.
My advice, find a good one, become friends, support his / her business.