Scope help

kg4kpg

Well-Known Fanatic
Hey guys,

I bought the 10/22 from bigfutz and though I love the rifle, I'm not so cozy with the scope. I think I'm going to put a 4-16x on the rifle instead. I haven't had any luck researching the scope for a fair value so I can list it on the various forums for trade or sale. It is a Simmons 24x44, model# 23001. Google yields me nothing at all. Hope you can help.

Anyone shoot a 4-16x and how do you like it? What model and brand?

Thanks,

Chris

LuckyStrike

Well-Known Fanatic
take a look at a Weaver v16 Classic--- 4-16x42mm w/ adjustable objective-- very highly regarded glass, for many years. Mine is on a .300WM for different reasons than you likely require on a 10/22, though I've considered putting it on my own 10/22; i know i really want more magnification, so i will wait.

The AO should also give you some close-range versatility on a 10/22 if the 4-16x is what you truly need-- itsa big scope, suggest you consider a GameReaper DedNutz combo mount, one-piece milled, probably can just have enuf clearance in the medium height. If you bull-barrel the 10/22, it will be veerry close--just gotta try it. The DedNutz makes life easier mounting a large scope on a 10/22.

Link to scope, you'll have to look for your reticle of choice, but the Weaver v16 is a good value imho: http://www.natchezss.com/Category.cfm?c ... tle=Weaver 4-16X42 Classic V-16 AO Riflescope STT Fine Crosshair Reticle Matte

Good luck!

kg4kpg

Well-Known Fanatic
Funny you link the PA scope because that is the one I was planning to get. I shot a friends AR with one of there scopes and it was really nice.

Thanks

Latest posts