safe wagon design for carrying guns

Dux-R-Us

Fear the Duck
I want to use a garden wagon. Is it permissible to have my guns horizontal as long as they are unloaded with safe chamber indicators?

Robusto

Well-Known Fanatic
Dux-R-Us said:
Negative on the praying. Praying is the least reliable solution to any problem.
Some times that was all I had and I have been told I did not even have that.

I would like to see the wagon set up. But don't be surprised when some Sergeant Major wanna be gives you crap for not having the muzzle pointed down (yes even with chamber flag).

imacgyver

Founding Member
You might see if you can raise the butt end and have the muzzles cradled in the inside corners of the wagons bed. We'd feel more comfortable with just a little 10-15 degree cant - muzzle down of course. If you can't, a clearly visible chamber flag in the chamber while its stowed might be sufficient.

Dux-R-Us

Fear the Duck
mattmiller (Robusto) said:
Some times that was all I had and I have been told I did not even have that.
I'm not sure what the above means as it pertains to gun wagons.

Any ways, with a little planning and sweat equity I will build a gun wagon that even Mike C. will approve of, even on his worst day. This is why I asked a question about my design problem and didn't pray about it. On this forum, someone always responds.

Tally ho!

k

Dux-R-Us

Fear the Duck
J.P. Morgan said:
You might see if you can raise the butt end and have the muzzles cradled in the inside corners of the wagons bed. We'd feel more comfortable with just a little 10-15 degree cant - muzzle down of course. If you can't, a clearly visible chamber flag in the chamber while its stowed might be sufficient.
Thanks for the advice! That's what I needed to know!

k

Latest posts