Rock River 1911's

Whit

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
New member, but have owned and been shooting 1911's for years. Just wanted to post a thread about what I consider to be an often overlooked mfg. of 1911 - Rock River. I suspect part of the problem is that some people confuse Rock River Arms 1911's with Rock Island. But of course they are two different mfg.'s and offer guns at very different price points. Also, Rock River never produced a ton of 1911's and are primarily known for their AR's.

However, as someone who owns a couple of 1911's I have to say definitely worth taking a look at Rock River, particularly those made prior to 2010/11. I own one and just bought another off of Gunbroker. Honestly, I think they are the equal of Les Baer, Wilson Combat, etc. Beautifully made, reliable, extremely accurate. Really almost a custom gun.

So curious, anyone else out there own a Rock River 1911 - particularly one made prior to 2009/10 when they stopped making them? (Although I think they did resume production in 2017/18 - although newer ones don't seem to be as nice.) If so, do you agree that they are underrated/obscure?

The good news is that, at least IMHO, they are a pretty good value on the used market (at least when you can find one).
Welcome from Northern Indiana enjoy the conversation.

cosmo223

Fanatic
So, Wolf springs arrived. Field stripped the gun (yikes that barrel bushing is fitted to the gun tightly) and shot about 100 rounds. Gun is now cycling normally and is, of course, a tack driver. Set up an NRA high-power target (black bullseye/9 and 10 ring is about 6" across) and shot at 27 yards. Kept most of 50 rounds in the black and those that were outside were all me. Tried benching it (which I never really do) and got a 5 round group of about 1" with some cheap LAX ammo I've been shooting. Curious what will happen when I can find some good quality wadcutter ammo.

Latest posts