Rock Island Armory 1911 Match

TCummings

Well-Known Fanatic
Yes I know it is a foreign made metal injected 1911 but it fit my budget and it is my entry into the 1911 world and the first .45ACP handgun I have ever owned.

First things first, out of all of the RIA 1911's that I have picked up and held at SSP this is by far the best made that I have seen come from them, not to say that the others are bad, it's just that the Match is assembled and hand fitted in the RIA Custom Shop and the time that they take to assemble these pistols really does show.

There aren't any rough edges to be found, adjustable rear sight and fiber optic front sight are a nice addition to have. The trigger pull is light and crisp and very predictable. The weight is enough to allow you to quickly get back on target.

Overall I am happy with my purchase and now as I have heard many times before the 1911 bug has bitten and I would love to pick up some more haha.

image-2.jpg

1911-1.jpg
1911-2.jpg

1911-4.jpg

1911-5.jpg

argyle64

Well-Known Fanatic
So you did go back and pick it up eh? I thought you might go for the 9mm RIA that was sitting next to it.

TCummings

Well-Known Fanatic
Actually I got this one special order a month or so ago. I really liked that 9mm Tactical that he had there it was nice looking.

csiedmond1

Well-Known Fanatic
That's a sweet shooter, actually looking for one exactly like that myself, what did it set you back if you don't mind me asking?

Latest posts