Rimfire scopes

Dustin Cantrell

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm in need of some decent glass for a rimfire rifle. I don't want to break the bank, but I'd like decent quality. Rifle will be used for varmint hunting and target shooting up to 200 yards so a fair amount of magnification is needed. What's good and what's bad?

Dustin Cantrell

Well-Known Fanatic
I ordered a CZ 455 Varmint in .22LR. I'll pick up a .17HMR barrel for it later and use it to play past 100 yards.

Are there any specific Nikons you'd suggest? There are just so many damn scopes to choose from!

hermnrob

Well-Known Fanatic
I love my 17HMR I have the Nikon buckmaster 6-18x40 great scope for the 17HMR (IMO). It's runs from $345 to $369 new, I'm upgrading a scope for another rifle. I'll be putting the old one on the 17 and thinking about selling buckmaster PM me if your interested.

dennishoddy

I have the 3X9 Buckmaster on the .17HMR. Most of my shooting is within 100 yds for the gun, so that works for me.

200 yds, I might look at the scope that Marshal F is using.

nikatkimber

Well-Known Fanatic
I like having either an Adjustable Objective or Side Focus on scopes used for target shooting. And rimfires especially, where you could be shooting from 25 yds to 100-150+.

Latest posts