Rifle Spinner. How the hell?

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
I have a match coming up in a little over a week. Seen a target listed as a rifle spinner at 100 yards.
What is the best way to defeat this ammo eating bastard with 55 gr 223?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LoganbillJ

Sponsor
Practice...

Ok in all seriousness, find the spot where the target will be when its perpendicular to the ground. Do not try and track each plate or you will burn ammo like no other. Fire just before the plate hits the point where it perpendicular and repeat until it spins. They really aren't as difficult as people make them. Just be sure and fire at the plate as its moving away from you, not towards...but you already knew that.

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
I have shot them twice. Not at 100 though. They were closer to 50. 77's are what will work the best. I did it with 55's the 1st time and it took several shots to get it moving. 2nd time used 77's and it turned much easier.

This video was the 1st time I shot one. It was about 2 1/2 years ago, when I first built my rifle. I still did it a lot faster than most on my squad. Shooting it at 100 would be interesting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlS7MbU_w_I

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
That is a little more difficult than I expected. I got it to spin and didn't time out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts