Removing Krylon paint job from an AR-15?

Biggsly

Well-Known Fanatic
I bought a project that has a Krylon camo paint job. I am wanting to strip it all off, but not hurt the parkarized finish. I have stripped paint off of about everything with B12 Chemtool. Will B12 hurt the park finish, or would it be ok to use? If not, what is a good chemical to use that wont hurt finish? Thanks guys.

Biggsly

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks Chambers. Is it a basic mineral spirits that I can get at Lowes? I called Spikes a minute ago, and they said to use brake cleaner, but they did not know about B12.

Chambers

actual GM
Thanks Chambers. Is it a basic mineral spirits that I can get at Lowes? I called Spikes a minute ago, and they said to use brake cleaner, but they did not know about B12.

Yeah. You will have to scrub a little harder but it will look better afterwards.

bsmith918

Well-Known Fanatic
You can also use penetrating oil. I bought a Harris bipod that was sprayed and KROIL took it right off. It also won't harm the finish.

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
Strip Klean paint stripper from Walmart. Eats that **** like a fat kid eats cake. A wash and plenty of oil afterwards and it's g2g. It's the easiest thing I've found, and I've removed paint from my R-15 receivers, barrel, buffer tube, scope, and scope mount. Several times.