Remi spr100 question

Lithiumokc

Founding Member
I have a Remi SPR100 single shot 20g youth model. on the bottom of the barrel there is a pin that runs through the extractor keeping the extractor attached. I have tried evertyhing i can to get that pin out but it wont budge a bit. Is that made to not be removed?

see if both sides of the pin are the same size, it may be tapered.
Also, see if theres a crosspin, or a setscrew or something that holds it in from somewhere in the middle.
I have never touched one before, so Im afraid I cant help very much without seeing it.

Lithiumokc

Founding Member
They look to both be the same size. I dont see how a set screw is possible as the whole thing is encased except for the pin. It has to slide out but just bound up. I gave up on getting it out anyways... 2 days, couldnt get it out.

honeybee

Well-Known Fanatic
That pin is not designed to be removed by the consumer, it takes a bench press to move it.
Those guns are made in Russia for Remington, they put them together like they did the AK's and the pins are a real pain to remove.

Lithiumokc

Founding Member
I wanted to remove it to clean the extractor housing. The guy I got it from took care of the it for the most part but it sticks sometimes when you break it over. It has so much gunk and dirt in there so I figured I would give it a good clean and grease.

Soak that sucker in breakfree for awhile and then blow it out lightly with some compressed air, with some towels to catch the excess oil.

honeybee

Well-Known Fanatic
Or you can go to Steves whosale tools and buy a hydrolic press and a few 1/32 pin punches, Punch out the pin, Then soak it in break-free and use compressed air to blow it out, use paper towels to soak up the excess oil.

One of the first things I am going to make with my new lathe is a punch holder for my 20 ton press, I am tired of trying to hold them by hand while pressing out the pins on those AK's

Hey any reason to buy tools is a good reason right?

Latest posts