Recommendations on a LPK / trigger

bigfutz

Well-Known Fanatic
Any recommendations on a LPK? I'm shopping for a good balance of quality and value. Nothing fancy like a $250 trigger. I see the cheapest ones like DPMS and Bushmaster, are these about all the same? What's the next step up, and what's the difference?

bigfutz

Well-Known Fanatic

BHE

Active Fanatic
Recommendations on a LPK?

DPMS and Bushmaster brands are both owned by the same company. DPMS manufactures lpk's for both companies.Basically a 6.5 lb G.I. type trigger.

Palmetto has had trouble filling orders lately. They have had issues with keeping consistent parts suppliers. You may or may not have good luck with an order from them. Not sure who they get their stuff from. Their triger/lpk looks like High Standard stuff but I'm not positive.

The best stock G.I.-type trigger/LPK is from Doublestar/J&T Distributing. They supply many companies with their trigger/Lpk . Their machining and sear prep is the best and is is noticable in the feel of the trigger. Pay a little more and get the best quality OEM trigger/lpk from Doublestar.

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic

I have 2 PSA AR-15 and I love their triggers. I don't feel much creep and they seam smoooth...

Then I get out my kitchen table built Stag M4 with the Timey trigger drop in kit...It is set at 2lb. 8 0zs.

Now that is a SWEET trigger...But, for normal usage, I like the PSA's

Steve

BHE

Active Fanatic

I shoot a Wilson Combat 2lb. Single stage trigger. No Creep.....It is like snapping a small glass rod.. It has the fastest reset of any trigger on the market. After aprox 25-27% of bolt carrier travel, the trigger is already reset. I've tried some of the other drop in triggers but I prefer the steel-chassis W/C single stage trigger. I sometimes shoot 600-900 rounds in a day in my AR during training and R&D.... The W/C still feels like the day I installed it.

I believe the trigger is one of the single most important upgrades a shooter can do to improve their shooting. You can't establish good grip and maintain target neutrality if you are fighting the trigger.

The Doublestar lpk/trigger I mentioned above feels considerably better than any other OEM G.I.-type stock 2 stage trigger. They lap the sear surfaces after grinding them and it makes a difference in the overall characteristics of the trigger.

FunkyMonkey

Well-Known Fanatic
Don't know if anyone is still reading this thread. New member (here), just moved to SC.

Stay away from Rock River, DPMS, etc. You'll be sorry in the long run. Spring a few more $ for mil-spec grade parts.

G&R Tactical - owned and run by the guy that runs M4carbine.net has a deal and a half:

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/co ... esult.html

Go with the ALG ACT (advanced combat trigger) - the best for the money drop-in single stage trigger. Made by Geissele (best in the business) but the company is owned by his wife for unknown reasons. $119 with trigger. Alas, out of stock right now though.

Good luck with the build. Incidentally, I've got a lightly used LMT 2-stage trigger I'll sell you if you want, PM me if interested.

11B3XCIB

Well-Known Fanatic
FunkyMonkey said:
Go with the ALG ACT (advanced combat trigger) - the best for the money drop-in single stage trigger. Made by Geissle (best in the business) but the company is owned by his wife for unknown reasons. $119 with trigger. Alas, out of stock right now though.

Good luck with the build. Incidentally, I've got a lightly used LMT 2-stage trigger I'll sell you if you want, PM me if interested.

I came here to mention the ALG ACT kit. By itself, the trigger is $65. I am assuming the $119 price is a triger+LPK. I saw a few on the shelf at PSA this week.

I am about to drop for a Geissele SSA trigger. It's expensive just for a trigger, $180, but not as expensive as some of the stuff out there.

FunkyMonkey

Well-Known Fanatic
Yeah, the SSA is awesome. I snagged a S2S ("super two stage") from Geissele while they were apparently "test marketing" it awhile back - it's no longer available except to OEM manufacturers - they call it the G2S now, I believe. It was less than $100, now appears to be about $120, and 98% as good as the SSA from what I hear. I'm pulling the LMT 2-stage and replacing it with that when I get the time.

They are available with the LPK at the link I posted, and I'm sure they're available elsewhere. Just moved here so don't know much about any of the local gun shops. That will change soon :D

bigfutz

Well-Known Fanatic
i couldn't resist the PSA Daily Deal: MOE LPK $49.95 free shipping. Now I just have to wait until they get around to sending it to me. I will probably be looking for upgrades (spare out the leftovers), but that kit will get me a good start.

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
Bigfutz, if i had money that daily deal e-mail from PSA would break me.

yesterday it was a Springfield XD subcompact essintials package for $399.

i would have liked 2 of those moe lower parts kits.

keep watching for the $49 lower and the moe stock kit for $79.

thats a complete lower for $180.

Latest posts