Re-Introduction

slide

Fanatic
I joined a while back but haven't been very active. Was helping my Son with a business he bought and took a nose dive off of a ladder. About a 10 foot fall. Wound up with six rib fractures,concussion, cracked left cheekbone and a cracked bone in my left elbow. Ten days in the hospital and been staying with my daughter and son in law the last few months. All my kids stepped up and helped take care of the old man. I am the luckiest man on the planet. Back helping my son (no more ladders) Hope to become more active on this site. Was tickled to see the post on Match 5 PPC. I shot PPC for about 15 years when it was in its heyday. Made a lot of good freinds and memories.

slide

Fanatic
I am retired from the P.D. at Marlow. When I was shooting it was with and against guys like Royce Weddle (couldn't hold a candle to that guy) The State Championship Match was held in Oklahoma City out at the old range by the lake. Later they started having everything at Norman. When I started we shot with model 14's and then Royce started building the bull barrel ppc guns.In the right guys hands they could knock the x-ring out of the B-27 from 50 yards. At the national championship match in Jackson Mississippi I saw Jim Collins (Alabama Highway Patrol) shoot 240 22X in the fifty yard stage. That was his job. It was something else to see all the guys from the Secret Service,F.B.I. and others to roll up driving government vehicles with cases of ammo in the back. Good Times!

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
Good times indeed. I imagine there are many stories of found memories that you have shared with your son as well.
Glad to hear you are back at it.

TroyF

TheBearcat
I am retired from the P.D. at Marlow. When I was shooting it was with and against guys like Royce Weddle (couldn't hold a candle to that guy) The State Championship Match was held in Oklahoma City out at the old range by the lake. Later they started having everything at Norman. When I started we shot with model 14's and then Royce started building the bull barrel ppc guns.In the right guys hands they could knock the x-ring out of the B-27 from 50 yards. At the national championship match in Jackson Mississippi I saw Jim Collins (Alabama Highway Patrol) shoot 240 22X in the fifty yard stage. That was his job. It was something else to see all the guys from the Secret Service,F.B.I. and others to roll up driving government vehicles with cases of ammo in the back. Good Times!

My 6" bull barrel model 66 was built by Royce. Smith and Weddle!

TroyF

TheBearcat
A few years ago Imheard he was. Tinkering around in his shop. I dunnomformsure, but I will check and report back.

You ever make the 20, Slide?

slide

Fanatic
Conratulations Do they still have a state match? What about the Dan Combs combat match? I used to love that one.

TroyF

TheBearcat
Yes they still hild thes State match in Norman. And the Dale Deberry Regional right before, also at NPD. Never heard of thenCombs match, so it must be gone.

I got out of that game, when i learned there was a game that would let me run with a pistol! PPC just isnt my bag.

slide

Fanatic
I hate to hear about the Combs match. Dan Combs was O.H.P. His skill with firearms was amazing. The match was in honor of his style of shooting,fast and accurate. There was always a debate on who was faster,him or Bill Jordan. This came from Dan's mouth so I can promise you it was true. They were staying in the same motel somewhere and wound up in one room. Both of them being gunslingers they decided to see who was faster. They both faced the tv and when it changed pictures they drew. This went on for hours and it was agreed they were just about equal on speed. Both were deadly accurate. Dan had a saying. A fast sound never killed anybody. Accuracy first then speed. I don't see how Jordan was as fast as he was. I met him in Baton Rouge and he had the biggest hands I have ever seen! One hell of a guy. My brother got Bill to send me an autographed copy of his book,No Second Place Winner. If you guys haven't read it you should.

Latest posts