Prophecy from 2002

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
nobody listened to him then.

there are only 154,000 views of this video.

if we have 700 members and half believe that Ron Paul wont be the same old lies, send this video to everyone they know, they send it out, maybe it could reach someone on the fence.

and that could be cutting our own throats, who knows. i do believe that the present administration has not accomplished anything they said they would.

thebrasilian

Well-Known Fanatic
Even though I agree with a lot of what Ron Paul says. He tend to go way over the top on a lot of other subjects. He would destroy this country and bring our enemy's to our gate by ignoring them.

And that is my opinion on him.

C_Carson

Well-Known Fanatic
thebrasilian said:
Even though I agree with a lot of what Ron Paul says. He tend to go way over the top on a lot of other subjects. He would destroy this country and bring our enemy's to our gate by ignoring them.

How? By cutting one trillion dollars from the deficit in his first year as President? By bringing our troops (and thus funding for an un-declared war) home? By ending the Fed?
Another thing I like to remind people of is that the President does not have some magical stick that he can wave and instantaneously implement his policies. He has to contend with Congress, the House, the Senate, and the limited scope of his own authority.

Facts>opinions.

Schultz

Well-Known Fanatic
thebrasilian said:

I agree with the exception of destroying the country although we would have problems.

C_Carson said:
How? By cutting one trillion dollars from the deficit in his first year as President? By bringing our troops (and thus funding for an un-declared war) home? By ending the Fed? Another thing I like to remind people of is that the President does not have some magical stick that he can wave and instantaneously implement his policies. He has to contend with Congress, the House, the Senate, and the limited scope of his own authority.

Facts>opinions.

I think your contradicting your first statement. We all know if he were to become president he couldn't do half of what he speaks, Remember he has to deal with congress and they're as corrupt as they get.

IMO none of the candidates are worth a crap however at this point anything is better than the current regime which IS destroying the country.

Dave29461

Well-Known Fanatic
Schultz said:
thebrasilian said:

I agree with the exception of destroying the country although we would have problems.

C_Carson said:
How? By cutting one trillion dollars from the deficit in his first year as President? By bringing our troops (and thus funding for an un-declared war) home? By ending the Fed? Another thing I like to remind people of is that the President does not have some magical stick that he can wave and instantaneously implement his policies. He has to contend with Congress, the House, the Senate, and the limited scope of his own authority.

Facts>opinions.

I think your contradicting your first statement. We all know if he were to become president he couldn't do half of what he speaks, Remember he has to deal with congress and they're as corrupt as they get.

IMO none of the candidates are worth a crap however at this point anything is better than the current regime which IS destroying the country.

I have to agree with Schultz, we may have to hold our nose and vote against the present administration rather than vote for the "Best" candidate. Ron Paul is a perceptive man and, like each of the GOP runners, has planks in his platform that are right on target. That being said, if he can't pull enough votes to beat Obama and the Dumbiecrats, they count for nothing. There is not one candidate that doesn't have terrible flaws.

If we could get every sorry SOB off their couch to vote for the best interest of our country and not for their own handout, we would have to send help to DC to move half the population of that town out of office. If we don't hold them accountable by law and the vote, we get what we have today. Just a thought.

thebrasilian

Well-Known Fanatic
C_Carson said:
thebrasilian said:

How? By cutting one trillion dollars from the deficit in his first year as President? By bringing our troops (and thus funding for an un-declared war) home? By ending the Fed?
Another thing I like to remind people of is that the President does not have some magical stick that he can wave and instantaneously implement his policies. He has to contend with Congress, the House, the Senate, and the limited scope of his own authority.

Facts>opinions.

Deficit: How can any president do this. The President only submits a budget and can only negotiate it with congress. Then he has to either sign or veto. He can not do this alone.

War: First I think our leaders need to read at a minimum a abridge version of the "Art of War". I would hope that they would learn that you commit the troops only to kill the enemy and win the war. They are Not for a police action.

I don't think we need to end the Fed but maybe bring them under congressional oversight. The have a free reign on our money.

Your last point is exactly what Obama is frustrated with and why he hates the Constitution.