Premium Optic

ChrisC

Revolver Division
well after waiting for a Vortex Viper PST for 4 months that has no signs of ever coming in I ended up upgrading to a NightForce to sit on top of my 700 sendero.

I'm pretty excited about it... it will be better then the bushnell 10x40 that was sitting on top of it...

Can't wait to get back on OK Counties range and see of I can get the perfect 100 on the qual (best i did in school was a 95)

pyplynr

Well-Known Fanatic
You won't regret it one bit. I've got a 2.5-10x44 PST on order myself.

Bevenue

Well-Known Fanatic
well after waiting for a Vortex Viper PST for 4 months that has no signs of ever coming in I ended up upgrading to a NightForce to sit on top of my 700 sendero.

I'm pretty excited about it... it will be better then the bushnell 10x40 that was sitting on top of it...

Can't wait to get back on OK Counties range and see of I can get the perfect 100 on the qual (best i did in school was a 95)

Everyone that has a Nightforce seems to love them.
Having never looked through a NightForce. I should keep it that way and my bank account can stay happy.

You mind posting what the course of fire is and what target it is shot on?

ChrisC

Revolver Division
shot on a CLEET Target

600 yards, 2 shots prone in 12 seconds
500 yards, 2 shots prone in 12 seconds
400 yards, 2 shots prone in 10 seconds
300 yards, 3 shots prone in 12 seconds
200 yards, 3 shots prone in 10 seconds
100 yards, 2 head shots prone in 6 seconds
100 yards, 2 shots standing in 6 seconds
100 yards, 2 shots kneeling in 6 seconds
100 yards, 2 shots sitting in 6 seconds

the course of fire puts emphasis on accuracy. There are plenty of other courses out there that induce stress into the equation. The hardest part in shooting this course of fire is the different types of wind you experience at the Oklahoma County rifle range. The berm covers the 200 yards and in. there is an open spot from 400 to 200 and a tree line covering the 500 through 800 yard lines. there were time the flags where literately headed in three different directions showing different values.

ChrisC

Revolver Division
i got the NF mounted up with some low TPS rings.. man it looks sharp. The glass is clear and flawless.. but coming up from a fixed 10 bushnell it should be :)

KillShot

Well-Known Fanatic
i got the NF mounted up with some low TPS rings.. man it looks sharp. The glass is clear and flawless.. but coming up from a fixed 10 bushnell it should be
smile.gif

Glad to hear you like the NF. Personally, I wouldn't own any other scope and that includes Hendsoldt and Schmidt & Bender. I like knowing my NF can go through hell and back, and keep on going.

Spiff

Semi-Pro
Glad to hear you like the NF. Personally, I wouldn't own any other scope and that includes Hendsoldt and Schmidt & Bender. I like knowing my NF can go through hell and back, and keep on going.

Must be why S&Bs are parked on top of M110s. Not tough enough.

;)

KillShot

Well-Known Fanatic
Must be why S&Bs are parked on top of M110s. Not tough enough. ;)

I'm not impressed by anything from Knights Armament as they are overpriced and over-hyped. The fact that the military uses them only means that Knights was the lowest bidder when Uncle Sam came knocking and looking for a supplier.

I know Hensoldt and S&B are awesome as are USO and Premier, however, the NightForce offers the best bang for the buck at any price point.

Concerning durability, I don't know if any of the aforementioned scopes undergo the rigorous testing as seen in the video below but I would imagine they do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoPHjcXMn_w&hd=1

KillShot

Well-Known Fanatic
I've seen that video but couldn't remember where to find it again, Pyplynr. USO is truly an incredibly durable optic, built like a tank and you can tell by the weight of it. LoL

Latest posts