poopgiggle's shooting log

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
Got better at 10 yard Bill Drills today. .3 seconds faster and better hits.

Focused on gripping the gun right, relaxing, and breathing. That's it.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
Progress on getting super good at quad-loading using the Jessie Tischauser method:

1. Spend lots of money on hair product (check)

2. Spend many many hundreds of hours on working quad loads (working on it)

I don't even have any real desire to shoot 3-gun I just like shotguns.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
Practice today. Just spent time on group shooting and 7 yard Bill Drills trying to get my trigger press and grip down pat. I found that under rapid fire I start reverting to the old canted grip. I worked on not doing that. There was some progress.

Also shooting when there's a 105 degree heat index is awesome if you stay hydrated. All the normies stay home so you can get whatever bay you want.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
dr poopgiggle said:
Practice today. Just spent time on group shooting and 7 yard Bill Drills trying to get my trigger press and grip down pat. I found that under rapid fire I start reverting to the old canted grip. I worked on not doing that. There was some progress.

Also shooting when there's a 105 degree heat index is awesome if you stay hydrated. All the normies stay home so you can get whatever bay you want.
Sounds like a good session.

Do you have any issues with your grip right after a mag changes?

That's seems to be an issue for me

posted via Tapatalk

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
It takes weeks of dryfire to make a permanent change, and you can't take any time off.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
dr poopgiggle said:

I literally did this again, though with better results this time.

I need to quit taking time off.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
48456ac52577020bb519741898e9861d.jpg

posted via Tapatalk

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
managed to shoot again today. speaking of grip, I shot Blake drills with my fancy new non-left-torqued grip. Even basically hosing and just trying to go fast I was getting like a 50/50 mix of alphas and charlies. Good progress.

Doing better on not blinking and not tensing up when shooting.

Need to work on my draw. It is still ****. I think part the reason it's **** is b/c I habitually draw to full extension with the finger off the trigger (advice from a "learn to shoot" book I got when I was a babby shooter).

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
Today:

1. Did draw to 2 shots @ 7 yards. A combination of moving at the start of the beep and prepping the trigger when I establish my grip got my draw down to 1.17 or so. I think I can get lower by figuring out how to fire at the point of extension instead of extending, then focusing my eyes on the sights, but shaving .2 off my draw isn't a real priority right now. After 50-70 rounds or so I gave this up.
2. Ben Stoeger said that most shooters who come through his classes are unable to consistently hit alphas, even untimed, at 25 yards. So I tried to shoot alphas at 25 yards. It turns out that I can't either. However, I discovered that I have 2 "modes" when shooting: "fast mode," where I grip the gun right but don't really pay as much attention to sights and trigger press, and "accurate mode" where I focus on sights and trigger but I don't grip as hard between shots. I worked on gripping the gun right in "accurate mode," and the sights obviously recovered a lot better. I also got more accurate; by the end of 100 or so rounds I was consistently getting like 4 Alphas and 1 Charlie.
3. Did draw to 2 shots @ 25 yards with my last few rounds. Did 5 reps, ended up with 7 alphas and 3 Charlies. Draw was like 1.75 and splits were in the .35-.4 range, which isn't great, but it's progress.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
still working on fixing fundamentals. a consistent problem has been that, for some reason, I can't keep the front sight from twitching left when doing wall drills.

<all of this was dumb>

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
getting a Glock with an un-****ed-with trigger was probably the best thing to happen to my trigger control ever.

getting OK with that is helping my M&P trigger control immensely.

Latest posts