plain-jane

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
Heres a plain-jane springfield mil-spec 1911. I reckon it could be called a sleeper? Mostly stock appearance on the outside, just a simple 1911A1. However on the inside a nicely built small block, ha. Consisting of tool steel Ed Brown ignition parts and a Bulletproof Wilson Combat extractor. Colt recoil spring plug and a Colt barrel bushing that tightened up barrel fitment better than the Springfield part. An EGW .200 slidestop required a very gentle massage of barrel locking lugs to finish a nice hard fit barrel. I didn't anticipate the barrel fitment to turn out as nice as it did. Massaged to just "pop" as barrel is unlocked with slide retracted. Initially, it required a smack from a hard surface to break it loose. 20210507_101638.jpg

taz4712

Well-Known Fanatic
Heres a plain-jane springfield mil-spec 1911. I reckon it could be called a sleeper? Mostly stock appearance on the outside, just a simple 1911A1. However on the inside a nicely built small block, ha. Consisting of tool steel Ed Brown ignition parts and a Bulletproof Wilson Combat extractor. Colt recoil spring plug and a Colt barrel bushing that tightened up barrel fitment better than the Springfield part. An EGW .200 slidestop required a very gentle massage of barrel locking lugs to finish a nice hard fit barrel. I didn't anticipate the barrel fitment to turn out as nice as it did. Massaged to just "pop" as barrel is unlocked with slide retracted. Initially, it required a smack from a hard surface to break it loose. View attachment 8997
Nicely done. I've always had a spot for "Sleepers". Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
Heres a plain-jane springfield mil-spec 1911. I reckon it could be called a sleeper? Mostly stock appearance on the outside, just a simple 1911A1. However on the inside a nicely built small block, ha. Consisting of tool steel Ed Brown ignition parts and a Bulletproof Wilson Combat extractor. Colt recoil spring plug and a Colt barrel bushing that tightened up barrel fitment better than the Springfield part. An EGW .200 slidestop required a very gentle massage of barrel locking lugs to finish a nice hard fit barrel. I didn't anticipate the barrel fitment to turn out as nice as it did. Massaged to just "pop" as barrel is unlocked with slide retracted. Initially, it required a smack from a hard surface to break it loose. View attachment 8997
I REALLY like that. It mimics probably 99.9% of the guns I own. I have 1911's from Colt and Springfield, Hi Powers from Argentina and Belgium and Belgium/Portugal. And revolvers from Ruger Taurus and if course S&W. There are some bone stock but many have had some basic touches that aren't noticed at first glance.
Sleepers are my favorites.

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I like the basic look.

Latest posts