Pistol Caliber Carbines

Geezer

Well-Known Fanatic
Anyone else like them? I have a Hi Point 995 that is a hoot to shoot. It never fails to put a smile on my face.

And, I recently picked up a KelTec SUB 200 in 9mm and it takes the Glock magazines. It's a fun little rifle, too.

bilall

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a Hi Point 995TS FG in 9mm that I picked up at a Greenville gun show about three years ago. It is a blast (no pun intended) and inexpensive to shoot. I would like to replace the rear sight with something a little more sturdy, but I really like it just as it came from the factory. My only addition is that I did get the optional front grip. And it is really mean looking! It always gets attention when I take it to the range. I actually had it at the last upstate Shootzenfest and several people looked at it and asked about it.
I only have the two magazines that came with it. I would love to find a larger magazine or a couple of the factory 10-round mags. This would make it even more fun.

Clicker

Well-Known Fanatic
Like 'em I love 'em.
Never shot a HiPoint but they seems to run well based on what I've seen at the range. Just fired a KelTec Sub2K 2 months ago for the first time. The KT surprised me with recoil due to it's light weight.

I'm more accustomed to heavier PCC's like the MP5's or AR's. Pistol caliber lever guns are a blast too, plus the straight walled cases are so easy to reload.

Clicker

Well-Known Fanatic
Geezer is that a factory camo color option on the HP?

While the Sub2K has to be one of the best truck gun rigs ever I can't get the thought of a KelTec CMR outta my mind.

Geezer

Well-Known Fanatic
Yeah, that was what Hi Point called camo on their first generation 995 carbine. Not really a camo, more of a swirl in the plastic. I have seen pictures of others but this is the only one I have seen personally.

I don't have anything in .22 Magnum and I don't want to get started on another caliber to deal with. If I did, I'd want the PMR and CMR. A buddy has a PMR and that thing shoots like a dream. It feels like a water pistol in your hands. A water pistol with 30 rounds of .22 Magnum at the ready.

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
that is beautiful..now you have been looking for it a long time....
Now we need a range report.

Steve

Crunchy Frog

Well-Known Fanatic
Pistol caliber carbines are fun; lots of advantages in my opinion.

We've been using them in cowboy action since the game began!

Clicker

Well-Known Fanatic
that is beautiful..now you have been looking for it a long time....
Now we need a range report.

Steve
Awesome to hear from you buddy - hope all is well on your end.

The first time out with it did not go well but that was due to using a grip housing that was cut to fit my old Coharie 10mm carbine. Did a little welding (with your old machine) on the housing and shimmed it a bit which improved it's fit to the receiver. I also welded up and reshaped the ejector lever. It ran good when I test fired it at the C&S indoor range earlier this week so I think she's a keeper. Waiting on a smooth thread protector so I can use my suppressor on it.

Dave29461

Well-Known Fanatic
Gotta get use to the new format. The Ruger PCC9. First shots today. Very happy with it. Used SR9 mags but will switch out Mag adapter for Glock's next time out. No FTF's or jams with 100 rounds of filthy Remington Green box, Gold Dot, Barnes and Winchester Self-defense Ammo. Keeping an 8" gong swinging at 25 yds was effortless. Need a to sight in on paper. Bought it, cleaned it and shot it.
P.S. The pistol is a .38/.357 1873 Cattleman Repro. with 5.5" barrel. Getting some SA practice in.

Latest posts