PatchWorm cleaning kit

Dustin Cantrell

Well-Known Fanatic
After buying a new rifle recently I was researching different methods of cleaning bores. I wanted to use this rifle for precision work and wanted to be sure I didn't damage any portion of the bore whether it be from the brush or rod. I came across the PatchWorm. It looks like (and I'm sure it is) a piece of weed eater line with a point on one end and a stop .20 caliber stop on the other end. Their field kit comes with buttons to slip on. You can run it bare for .20 caliber or add a color coded button for up to a 12 gauge. The field kit also includes 7/8" dry patches in a small flip container and 7/8" wet patches soaked in Balistol in a small flip container. You pierce a patch with the nylon rod and then run it down to the stop and put the nylon rod through your bore and then pull it through. I thought it was interesting. I ordered a couple kits with extra patches and felt buttons. I've used it a few times and like it. They make a very small cleaning kit that fits in A2 butt stock trap doors. Thought I'd pass it along in case anybody was looking for a cleaning solution that didn't involve a metal rod or one that was easy to pack in a range or bug out bag.

http://20-20.8m.com/index.htm