Opinions on my beginning rifle and pistol

PeteMcGuire1881

Well-Known Fanatic
So you guys read my intro and know I don't have any competition experience. Well, these are purchased I made with the intent on using for competing. I don't see myself traveling all over the US to shoot so this will mainly be for local stuff (if they have any in IN, OH, IL, or KY):
ee73741c5205c59683a3b528a9e8e9bf.jpg
3200edcd213c00d179d7f0bfcdf86243.jpg
b1c7b719489477c08e3d3cf31945a042.jpg
2e934d6337f972f58581dc7168efb0ce.jpg

Pistol 1 is an M&P Pro 5" in 9mm pure stock

Pistol 2 is a RIA full size double stack in .22 TCM/9mm combo pure stock. (These are a ***** to find mags for) this one I haven't shot yet.

AR 1 is an Aero Precision matched upper and lower with a Burgara 18" bull barrel and an AP m-lock hand guard with a Lantac Dragon muzzle device. Has JP trigger springs and an AXTS Raptor charging handle.

AR 2 is a Mag Tactical upper and lower with a 16" barrel and typical flash hider. Stark front handle. Has JP trigger springs and a Vortex Razr Gen II 1-6x glass with American Defense quick release mount.

I'm pretty certain these aren't ideal so shoot your opinions and ideas out there. I put my big girl panties on so I can take the abuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PeteMcGuire1881

Well-Known Fanatic
Yeah, the flashlight is on that one because it stays on the nightstand. But I'm with you there for competition. AR #2 does need the glass. It's actually lighter than AR #1.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Matt Rigsby said:
Pistol #1, lose the flashlight, done.
Rifle #1, put the scope from rifle #2 on rifle #1, done.
Keep the flashlight extra weight reduces muzzle flip and you look way more tacticool with a light.

That's way better kit then 75% of the guys at most club matches.

PeteMcGuire1881

Well-Known Fanatic
Never thought about reducing muzzle flip. You being serious or setting me up to be the clown of the show?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Jesse Tischauser said:
Keep the flashlight extra weight reduces muzzle flip and you look way more tacticool with a light.
That's way better kit then 75% of the guys at most club matches.
Would that not put you into open for 3 gun?

59nolimit

Well-Known Fanatic
You are far better setup than most who start out. You got the best optic for 3gun IMO! Love my razor! Take what you have and go find a match. Ask questions and check out gear for your first several matches. Then you will have a much better idea what you want and need. It can be expensive enough you don't want to but gear you want to replace 2 months later. You should be able to find matches as well. IN and KY seem to have plenty to choose from.

PeteMcGuire1881

Well-Known Fanatic
I figure with the Razr, if I can't shoot a target down, I can beat it into submission with it.

Eric1231

Well-Known Fanatic
Here is a couple local matches in Ohio
http://ccfsa.com/rifle_pistol.html
Second sunday of the month all year round. It's gonna be cold this Sunday! 16-23 degrees
Richwood
http://www.richwoodgunandgameclub.org/matchandevents/rifleeventsmatches.html
Starts the 3rd Sunday in March I think they are doing every other month.
Miami valley steel shooters
Check out there facebook page. They shoot year round there to. The schedule is a little sporadic good place to start as the people are great and the max distance is 50 yards next match is January 14

PeteMcGuire1881

Well-Known Fanatic
Eric1231 said:
Here is a couple local matches in Ohio
http://ccfsa.com/rifle_pistol.html
Second sunday of the month all year round. It's gonna be cold this Sunday! 16-23 degrees
Richwood
http://www.richwoodgunandgameclub.org/matchandevents/rifleeventsmatches.html
Starts the 3rd Sunday in March I think they are doing every other month.
Miami valley steel shooters
Check out there facebook page. They shoot year round there to. The schedule is a little sporadic good place to start as the people are great and the max distance is 50 yards next match is January 14

Thanks for the info!

Latest posts