OOPS! OUCH! YIKES!

Clucky C

9mm
Man accidentally shoots self in buttocks when gun falls out of pocket at Nevada movie theatre

SPARKS, Nev. - Police say a man accidentally shot himself in the buttocks at a Nevada movie theatre during a showing of "The Bourne Legacy."
Police in Sparks, Nev., say the 56-year-old man's injuries are not life-threatening and no others were hurt.
Authorities say the man had a permit to carry a concealed firearm. The man told officers the gun fell from his pocket Tuesday night as he was adjusting himself in the seat and that it discharged when it dropped to the floor.

Iggie

Well-Known Fanatic
Hmm I don't have anymore info then provided but a good holster helps reduce this risk, aslo a quality gun with a good safety feature helps reduce risk of this, but both might have been in place and as far as that goes **** happens, luckly it was his rear end or it would of been his rear they nailed.

Adam Striegel

Well-Known Fanatic
It's a damn wonder there wasn't a bunch of people injured because of a stampede out of their after the Colorado shooting.

Someone told me a story the other day about a guy that was carrying a Glock 26 in his front pocket while they were out eating. He reached in to get his wallet and somehow set the gun off and shot himself in the leg. Certainly a good lesson in having the proper holster.

Iggie

Well-Known Fanatic
It's a damn wonder there wasn't a bunch of people injured because of a stampede out of their after the Colorado shooting.

Someone told me a story the other day about a guy that was carrying a Glock 26 in his front pocket while they were out eating. He reached in to get his wallet and somehow set the gun off and shot himself in the leg. Certainly a good lesson in having the proper holster.
The corner of a wallet or an errant finger can easily set of a gun. If its in a pocket(not that I recomend it) it needs to be by its self with nothing else. Even your reload needs to be in a different pocket.

I have got to purchase a new holster :)

Adam Striegel

Well-Known Fanatic
The corner of a wallet or an errant finger can easily set of a gun. If its in a pocket(not that I recomend it) it needs to be by its self with nothing else. Even your reload needs to be in a different pocket.

I have got to purchase a new holster :)

I ended up springing for a nice custom made, kydex/leather, IWB holster from Patriot Industries for mine. I can't stand having anything in my pockets anyways, so it worked out for the best anyways.

I do need to find a good clip or pocket holster to stick it in my messenger bag when I don't have the pants on to support the IWB.

dennishoddy

"fell" out of his pocket, hit the ground and went off. Most theater seats are about a foot off the ground.
I feel there is more to the story.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
after you have been married 9 years it becomes something good... my wife is excited we can be done in under 5 min. and then go to work....

If you need someone to get the old lady interested in lovin' again my hourly rates are very reasonable.

(I may have finally gone too far)

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
If you need someone to get the old lady interested in lovin' again my hourly rates are very reasonable.

(I may have finally gone too far)

shoot if you could get my wife interested in lovin i would pay you big money!!! do you charge extra for women with progesterone levels below post menopausal levels who have to be on a hormone supplement??

Okiebryan

Fanatic
...and this is why the only gun I'd pocket carry is a DAO pistol with a long trigger pull and a covered hammer. KelTec P3AT or Ruger LCP come to mind...

Latest posts