Noveske DVD

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
So i bought and watched this DVD and figured i would give it a review... keep in mind this is just my opinion...

there was very little training and more "commenting" on things... like "shooting on the move is just aggressively engaging targets"??? how is that training?? there was zero pistol training and they kind of looked down on pistol they just said pistol is just a way to "fill in the gaps". spent alot of time on shotgun, but as far as training goes the only thing they went over is how to load a shotgun, and a couple of tips on transitions.. they didn't even go over how to shoot a rifle or really any tips on the rifle at all, half the video was old video clips of them at 3 gun competitions.. this may come off as sounding a little too harsh, but if it was on the internet that would be one thing but spending 30 dollars i expected a little bit more than comments like "i don't like it when they throw stage guns in because it can mess up your whole match" i expected more training or maybe even a drill or two, there were zero drills....

once again just my opinion...

One afternoon shooting shotguns with me, Chris, Jesse, and Mr. Weakhand and youll forget all about that dvd.

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
Good review. Now you are seeing why they are called the Noveske guys, instead of "Joe Bob" who shoots for Noveske. They have no identity outside of the name on their shirt. I will say this though Rob Romero is fast at loading. He does it a bit different than I do but he is still darn fast. He isn't that good at teaching others to do it...but he is fast.

bigbrowndog

Red Neck Tactical
did anyone notice that they have changed????? the way they load now. After seeing the "better way" they now load at the shoulder, instead of under the arm, in the pits.

Loading from the shoulder, has been the way RNT has advocated all along.

Trapr

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Jansen still loads at the hip because he's not as good as Rob. RNT could be making videos if they wanted too. The AR15.com fan boys may not buy into Kurts old bushmaster or a camo shotgun though.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Jansen still loads at the hip because he's not as good as Rob. RNT could be making videos if they wanted too. The AR15.com fan boys may not buy into Kurts old bushmaster or a camo shotgun though.
What's wrong with a camo shotgun? :smiley_confused1:

Airic

I shoot.
I shot with Rob, Jansen and Benny Hill at the HPSC in OKC last year. Benny's always a hoot to shoot with. Jansen was really down to earth and I got along with him really well. Rob seemed a little to cocky for his skill level. I mean, he's good, but old Benny was hanging with him. I just didnt relate to him well.

Now me...

Standard manual 870 loading off side saddles and my arm in my first shotgun match ever ='d disaster.

Limited race shotgun is on its way UPS right now, I just need some caddies.....

bigbrowndog

Red Neck Tactical
I got nothun' bad to say about Jansen, he's a good solid shooter and very nice guy. He sent me the DVD because he said I helped him with some shooting tips and they used footage from HPSC.

Trapr

jtischauser

Well I just finished the DVD. I gotta say it is the best 3 gun DVD on the market. I do think someone could produce one filled with more instruction. The footage from the matches was useless. People basically want instruction and drills. The shotgun portion of this video was solid but it went down hill from there. They did give several good tips and useful demonstrations but there were so many things I was thinking to myself that they left out. I'll be selling my DVD soon if anybody wants to get a little head start on Kurts class.

Airic

I shoot.
Was there really anything more than what they already posted on youtube?

jtischauser

I pulled about 3 or 4 little things out if the video. Nothing crucial but things I don't purposefully do know. I will ship you my video if you want to watch it and are willing to buy me a beer to offset the $5 shipping cost:)

Airic

I shoot.
You want me to ship you that beer? :lol:

ETA: I really need to move up somewhere between Tulsa and OKC. I lived in Phoenix and there was a great shooting community, lived in Ft. Worth with a good shooting community. Now I'm in the middle of nowhere...

Latest posts