Nordic Mag Tube Spring Length

Craig Westerman

Well-Known Fanatic
I just bought a Nordic plus 6 extention for my Benelli M1. Instructions say to cut spring 10" to 16" longer than mag length.

Some on Enos' forum say 7" to 9".

I don't want to go too short and have unreliable feeding of last rounds, but I don't want to fight a heavier than necessary spring when loading the tube full.

How long did you cut your spring?

Thanks Craig

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I make my first cut at 16" or longer then install the tube and spring and see if it holds the desired amount of shells.

If it does leave it. It will compress some too.

If it doesn't clip another half or full coil then repeat the process until it holds the number of rounds it's supposed to.

Most of my springs run about 14" sticking out past the end if the installed tube. I do my measuring by removing the end cap. I have found that anything below or near 10" is living on the edge of reliability. Shorter springs are easier to load especially for practice. If the spring in my match gun gets below 12" I stick it in the practice spring pile and put a new one in and trim to about 14".

I cut to 12"; it will compress to about 10" over time. Replace every year and keep the tube clean and dry. Dry Powdered graphite helps smooth out the action and its all you should use.

Latest posts