Nordic Components New PCC

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
RigPig (Matthew Hoff) said:
Ok, I'll give you that one if it can be done.
No reason it couldn't. I have 2 qc10 setups right now for this. The only difference is the magwell.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
The value is to the manufacturer then and not the customer.
Well maybe. But if this had been out before I started building and buying mags I'd have considered it. I probably have a dozen M&P mags, some with TF extensions, some with Taran's extensions and my carry mags are stock. It would have just made sense for me to stick with the M&P platform if 32 or 33 round mags were available at that time.

And like you mention agency armories may be inclined to give this a look if they have a need for 9mm carbines or SBRs that will use mags they have on hand. That benefits the taxpayer.

RigPig

Well-Known Fanatic
Wall said:
No reason it couldn't. I have 2 qc10 setups right now for this. The only difference is the magwell.
It'd be a matter of fitting the large frame mag into a magwell "cartridge" that already looks pretty crowded, what with the room the magwell pin takes up. They'd have to make the magwell over 0.128" longer and 0.110" wider. Pics of the magwell on their website looks like the walls of the magwell are already pretty thin. Your point is valid though that it would save having to build and stamp another lower.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
The value is to the manufacturer then and not the customer.
Right now I'd buy a Glock magwell and a 2011. The Glock mags I have hold 41. Once the mag extensions or bigger sticks come out that all me to get ~40 rounds in a 2011 mag id switch to that.

Heck i may run both mags in the same match so I neger have to reload any mags on match day.

But I agree I think the biggest benefit is for Nordic not to have to carry five different receivers. Now they only need to carry five different little mag wells.

It sounds like The .45 will require a different lower altogether.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Jesse Tischauser said:
Right now I'd buy a Glock magwell and a 2011. The Glock mags I have hold 41. Once the mag extensions or bigger sticks come out that all me to get ~40 rounds in a 2011 mag id switch to that.

Heck i may run both mags in the same match so I neger have to reload any mags on match day.

But I agree I think the biggest benefit is for Nordic not to have to carry five different receivers. Now they only need to carry five different little mag wells.

It sounds like The .45 will require a different lower altogether.
I don't think it will but we'll see what they come out with.

RigPig

Well-Known Fanatic
I would think if NC can make a magwell for 2011 mags, they could make a magwell for large frame Glock mags.

jtischauser

Flatland Shooter said:
Comparing the prices of 2011 magazines and Glock magazines, Glock will win out with new shooters and folks like me that treasure their old style SVI magazines.
For sure. Glock/M&P shooters out number us 2011 guys 2-3:1

jtischauser

Wall said:
I don't think it will but we'll see what they come out with.
I would think if NC can make a magwell for 2011 mags, they could make a magwell for large frame Glock mags.
You all maybe right. I definitely don't have the full inside scoop.

Brandon Deem

Well-Known Fanatic
I don't think the lack of larger capacity magazines for all the different brands will affect sales at all. I don't think Nordic built this with competitors in mind. Normal weekend shooter on the fence about pcc sees that he can use the mags he already has and jumps in with both feet.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Brandon Deem said:
I don't think the lack of larger capacity magazines for all the different brands will affect sales at all. I don't think Nordic built this with competitors in mind. Normal weekend shooter on the fence about pcc sees that he can use the mags he already has and jumps in with both feet.
I agree & I hope nothing I posted gave that idea. I was only stating my opinion in regards to the competitive shooter.

Brandon Deem

Well-Known Fanatic
Wall said:
I agree & I hope nothing I posted gave that idea. I was only stating my opinion in regards to the competitive shooter.
Oh I didn't take it that way at all. I was just throwing mine out there.

Latest posts