noob here

TRick333

Well-Known Fanatic
Hello all. I'm new to firearms and this forum. Prior to purchasing my first firearm (December 2011) I was a track rat. Racing cars was my thing. I have since sold the racecar and picked up this wonderful sport. I have had the pleasure of shooting at my local range, Heartland Outdoors, as well as H&H. I've only shot about 4 times. I'm looking to get into match shooting. I currently have a Taurus PT809, Springfield xdm and a Smith & Wesson m&p 15-22. All have been a blast. Looking forward to meeting everyone and learning more.

argyle64

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome to this fun and great forum. I will be shooting my second match at Heartland Outdoors Sunday evening and I would encourage you to do the same. It was a lot of fun and I'm a beginner at matches just like yourself. The match at Heartland is very beginner friendly.

Eellis

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome. And welcome to the new and expensive sport of fire arms.

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
Hello all. I'm new to firearms and this forum. Prior to purchasing my first firearm (December 2011) I was a track rat. Racing cars was my thing. I have since sold the racecar and picked up this wonderful sport. I have had the pleasure of shooting at my local range, Heartland Outdoors, as well as H&H. I've only shot about 4 times. I'm looking to get into match shooting. I currently have a Taurus PT809, Springfield xdm and a Smith & Wesson m&p 15-22. All have been a blast. Looking forward to meeting everyone and learning more.

i am out of edmond also.... i would make your first match at heartland for the carrygun match, best match for a new person!! since you have an XDM, you already have a holster and mag pouches, so you have everything you need... next match is this sunday.. sign in at 5:30.. i will be the guy registering people come talk to me and i can answer any questions you have.. also burk will do a new shooter talk before the match...

TRick333

Well-Known Fanatic
I appreciate the warm welcome. It appears I have given up one expensive hobby for an equally expensive one. I look forward to it.

1OKshooter

Well-Known Fanatic
i am out of edmond also.... i would make your first match at heartland for the carrygun match, best match for a new person!! since you have an XDM, you already have a holster and mag pouches, so you have everything you need... next match is this sunday.. sign in at 5:30.. i will be the guy registering people come talk to me and i can answer any questions you have.. also burk will do a new shooter talk before the match...
I will be there and it will be my first match as well!

Welcome hope to see you out there!!!

Latest posts