NFA Trust help ?

Dieseltech09

Well-Known Fanatic
Would someone be willing to help me set up a trust? I know everyone says its easy but Id rather have someone who knows what they are doing help walk me though it so I dont screw something up and end up with the feds knocking on my door.

bsmith918

Well-Known Fanatic
Are you thinking about the suppressor group buy from TOS? I've always wanted to get s few suppressors, but don't know how to set up a trust either. I've got a sample of the trust paperwork filled out correctly somewhere, but can't remember where I saved it. I'll look around and see if I can find it.

Dieseltech09

Well-Known Fanatic
Yes I am going to get in on the group buy. I had already decided I was going to get one, then the info on the group buy was posted. The price is to good to pass up.

taymoor

Skilled Lover
do you have a link to this group buy? And Brian, I can email you a sample trust template. You just do a little copy and paste and BOOM... silencer

Dieseltech09

Well-Known Fanatic
Here you go Taymoor, http://www.okshooters.com/showthread.php?120591-Silencer-quot-Group-Buy-quot&p=1544510#post1544510

Please email me the template.

bsmith918

Well-Known Fanatic
Brian, what all are you looking at? I have always wanted to get into NFA, but I always have too many projects going. It looks like that is going to keep up. Oh well, we have until mid July to decide.

Dieseltech09

Well-Known Fanatic
Brad, Im going with the SWR Spectre. I wanted a rimfire can since thats the cheapest to shoot and I can move it from pistol to rifle. I also wanted one rated for 17hmr I had been looking on the TM Zephyr but the just went up in price to $280 so Im going to spend a little more an go with the Spectre. I have a membership to silencerresearch so if you want me to look up test results for a certian can let me know and I can email you the numbers they came up with

bsmith918

Well-Known Fanatic
Brad, Im going with the SWR Spectre. I wanted a rimfire can since thats the cheapest to shoot and I can move it from pistol to rifle. I also wanted one rated for 17hmr I had been looking on the TM Zephyr but the just went up in price to $280 so Im going to spend a little more an go with the Spectre. I have a membership to silencerresearch so if you want me to look up test results for a certian can let me know and I can email you the numbers they came up with

I was thinking about the SilencerCo Sparrow SS. I have not heard a negative thing about that model yet and have used the old Sparrow a couple of times, plus its smaller/lighter than the Spectre. The Sparrow is also multi-caliber rated and the price is not far off from the Spectre. I am also thinking about getting a .45 can, probably the AAC TiRant. I want a rifle can, but just can't justify buying one. SilencerForum.com is a great site to check out also.

Dieseltech09

Well-Known Fanatic
Id love a .45 can as well but I would have to start reloading cause I know I would want to shoot that thing all the time. Thats why Im getting a rimfire can first. Im sure its going to lead to me buying another 22 pistol. Probably the new threaded 22/45 from ruger.

bsmith918

Well-Known Fanatic
You can run the TiRant .45 on a 9mm too. Why the Spectre over the Sparrow SS? I really just need to find a local shooter who has both of these suppressors and will meet me and let me try them out. Anyone know of such a person?

Dieseltech09

Well-Known Fanatic
I dont have a reason as to why one over the other. I didnt even ask for the pricing on the Sparrow. I seemed to have had decided on either the Spectre or the AAC Element and decided on the Spectre after reading the test results on silencerresearch.com. Honestly I have never even shot anything with a silencer on it.

bsmith918

Well-Known Fanatic
Just curious. Now you've got me looking at the Spectre and Element too. Everything I have found shows that the Sparrow SS and the Spectre perform similarly and the Sparrow SS is smaller/lighter. The Element seems to be a little quieter and smaller/lighter than the Sparrow SS, but more expensive. After I get the pricing on the Element, I'll make a decision between the Element and Sparrow SS. They're a ton of fun.

bambihunter

Fanatic
I know this is an old thread, but anyone still have a trust form they want to share with a new member?

I am near Blanchard and have one NFA item but due to concerns of "Constructive Possession" I am wanting to make all future NFA acquisitions through a trust if I can get one set up. Thanks in advance.

I have been looking a little, so far... www.guntrust.com is what I've come up with...but I "think" I remember seeing another online version for 99.00...this one is 349.00 do it yourself online

Latest posts