Newbie here...3-Gun?

zombiegirl

Well-Known Fanatic
Hi,
I'm new to this forum, and I'm interested in getting into competitive shooting (3-gun & steel shot). What Shotgun recommendations do you have for 3-gun? I'm looking more for quality and reliability first and foremost! Also interested in what others use and what mods they have done.

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
Well the bar is set by Beneill M1/2s. There is the opposing view of SX1/2 series (FN SLP) and now Mossy has came out with a 3G 930. There is also the Kirk Smith Spc (brain dead can not think of the model) all in semi-autos.

For pumps there is only one - the Benelli Nova. Though many like and do well with other makes and models, none have the advantages of the Nova.

Like anything else try before you buy if possible. If not at least try and shoulder them.

Best with your quest,

Oh and welcome.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
You're gonna want a Benelli M2 or a CZ 712

I went accurate iron M2, its the ****, but it took me 6 months to afford it.

Attachments

• 100_0661.jpg
    100_0661.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 51

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
This forum is a Benelli fan club because it is the current king in the action shooting sports.

Welcome to the forum!

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
This forum is a Benelli fan club because it is the current king in the action shooting sports.

Welcome to the forum!

If I did not have my Benellis I would try the CZ712 (that is the one I couldn't think of) Much cheaper to get into. That stated I look at Benellis and Glocks as being low maintenance, lt wt and durable in their respective fields. Few parts and easy to maintain. Like Glocks some don't like the Benellis. I would be into Benellis even if this site wasn't here and did long before this site. People like them because they not only are known to be the best but have proven to be the best - to me anyway just like Glocks.

Yep, I on a purpose added Glock. lol

hermnrob

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm in the same boat looking for a shotgun, this is what I have found in my search. Benelli m1 or m2 great guns but you pay for them $ 1200. CZ 712 good gun good reviews can get three for the price of a Benelli. Mossburg 930 good gun $750 or so. Remington 1100 tac4 $750, Versa Max $1399(from what i read built with help of an out of date Beneilli patent).Most people use or have used the 1100 for yrs some still do but some have switched to Benelli. I love and have not had a problem with my 1100. FN SLP good reviews a lot of people like them $1050 or so. Winchester sx2/1 good rewiews $900. All will need mag extension so that will have to be added to cost. The one thing I keep seeing is people switching to Benelli or love the one they have, seem to be the most reliable. I have narrowed my selection down but haven't made up my mind yet. But my boat is is almost capsized on Benelli with everything I have read. I just can't get pass being able to buy two guns or spend the money to buy one. This will takes me a lot of searching and a quarter to figure it out plus I have a 18 yr old son and 15 yr old daughter who likes to shoot.

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm in the same boat looking for a shotgun, this is what I have found in my search. Benelli m1 or m2 great guns but you pay for them $ 1200. CZ 712 good gun good reviews can get three for the price of a Benelli. Mossburg 930 good gun $750 or so. Remington 1100 tac4 $750, Versa Max $1399(from what i read built with help of an out of date Beneilli patent).Most people use or have used the 1100 for yrs some still do but some have switched to Benelli. I love and have not had a problem with my 1100. FN SLP good reviews a lot of people like them $1050 or so. Winchester sx2/1 good rewiews $900. All will need mag extension so that will have to be added to cost. The one thing I keep seeing is people switching to Benelli or love the one they have, seem to be the most reliable. I have narrowed my selection down but haven't made up my mind yet. But my boat is is almost capsized on Benelli with everything I have read. I just can't get pass being able to buy two guns or spend the money to buy one. This will takes me a lot of searching and a quarter to figure it out plus I have a 18 yr old son and 15 yr old daughter who likes to shoot.

Sounds like 2ea CZs is in order. Everything you mentioned above on cost is why if I were to start over I would try the CZ. Do a search on the CZ712 here and on BE. Very good results can be had.

twss

Well-Known Fanatic
My Mossberg 930 jm pro came ready to run, mag tube and all, for $571.00. 22" barrel with interchangeable chokes. So far I'm happy. I have about 535 rounds through it already.

If you need more than one shotgun and don't have unlimited funds you can pick up two mossbergs for less than $1200 or go all out and get two benellis add a mag tube extension and probably be just under $2600. I think the benelli is the way to go for those who can pony up the cash, but for just starting and trying to see if you will continue in the sport cheaper may be a better option. It was for me. I can always sell my 930 and upgrade later.

I won't speak on the cz shotgun because I have no experience with them. I hear good things though. I think the Mossberg is a little more ready to run out of the box for a similar price. Good luck on finding your next purchase. Show up to a match sometime and shoot the different shotguns we all have. Almost everyone will be cool with it and glad to help.

Iggie

Well-Known Fanatic
My Mossberg 930 jm pro came ready to run, mag tube and all, for $571.00. 22" barrel with interchangeable chokes. So far I'm happy. I have about 535 rounds through it already.
cheaper then i was expecting