New to the party

wylie

Well-Known Fanatic
I've popped in a few times and finally decided to join up. Right now I'm down and out after having shoulder surgery it will be a wee bit before I'm back behind the gun. So in the meanwhile I'm researching various weapon platforms to get into as well as what divisions I'd like to shoot. I'm stuck at home with a bad wing so what else am I supposed to do? So I drink and search the forum.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
How did you hurt yourself? I broke my ankle last year doing MMA training.

Welcome to the parity!

argyle64

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome!!! I hurt myself a couple of years back while training to be a cage fighter.

wylie

Well-Known Fanatic
Well the short story is a highly trained german shepherd latched onto my arm instead of another individual. A short wrestling match between me and the K9 and i wind up with a torn bicep and labrum in the shoulder which happened to be my strong side. So no shooting for a while. Go ahead and laugh everyone else that knows me already has.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
That's actually pretty legit. I fell down chasing a loose trash can lid! Wow that sounds even worse a year later. It was one of those big lids. Nope that still sounds pretty whimpy! Lol.

I wish you well with your recovery!!! I am glad you're a member here.

dennishoddy

wylie said:
Well the short story is a highly trained german shepherd latched onto my arm instead of another individual. A short wrestling match between me and the K9 and i wind up with a torn bicep and labrum in the shoulder which happened to be my strong side. So no shooting for a while. Go ahead and laugh everyone else that knows me already has.

You know, I believe every part of that story
While on active duty in the army, we saw dobies, and shepards take down people.

I can see how your injury happened.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Welcome.
I once got a splinter from chopping down trees with my hands as part of my training when I fought Brock Lesnar.

wylie

Well-Known Fanatic
There are just some incidents that once you start to explain what happened it just snowballs into mostly humorous other stories. This would be one. The unfortunate thing is I now know what people mean that they miss shooting. There is a big difference in stopping on your own and just getting into it and really getting the bug and you get derailed.

BeerDrinker405

Active Fanatic
Welcome i hurt myself training to become a professional card dealer at goldsby gaming center back in 1994

Latest posts