New Shot Shell Caddy From AP Customs

Chambers

actual GM
Looks like 8 to me.

Also looks hella awkward to grab the back 4. I'll wait til Jesse buys 10 of them before I pass judgment. :)

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Looks like 8 to me.

Also looks hella awkward to grab the back 4. I'll wait til Jesse buys 10 of them before I pass judgment. :)

I was thinking the same thing. Those back shells would be for backup only because access would be limited. I would buy a few if we went to the Iron Man match where you have those 40-50 round shotgun stages.

jtischauser

Choate 6 Rounder w/ velcro on back - 4.7 oz
Mark Otto Lexan - 5.8 oz
Mark Otto 4 Round Aluminum - 7.1 oz
Man Mountian - 3.6 oz
Progressive Machine 4 Round Aluminum - 7.6 o
zCali Comp w/Insert - 4.2 oz
AP Customs 8 Rounder - 7.1oz

The fit and finish on the AP Customs caddy is by far the best I have seen. I will put t into the practice routine tomorrow morning and let you know how well I can load out of it.

IMG_0395.jpg

IMG_0396.jpg

IMG_0397.jpg

IMG_0398.jpg

IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
Gee Jesse late to the party??? I have been R&Ding this thing for about 2 months. Kirk hit a home run with it for capacity but it is hard to get a consistent grab from the back 4. It does slow me down a bit...BUT... it is better than not having the extras I think I would run an "extra" for a couple of holders, look for it on my belt at Mesa!

With all that said, I still haven't found ANY type fo holder BETTER than the orriginal 6 round Choate Shell Caddy, which debued at the 1987 S.O.F. World Championship 3-Gun Match, sometimes the orriginal IS the best!!! I have been given ALL types of loaders over the years to try and pimp, and yet to this day you will see choate 6 rounders on my belt! and Garth Choate would have NO IDEA of who I was! Remember Red Neck!! Simple is BETTER!!!!!!!! KurtM

jtischauser

Damn I guess I'm not the first call on Aarons R&D list? I figured the back rounds would be tough to get at. m

Maybe if you used it for 25 years like you have with the Choate caddy it would be the best? Practice makes perfect you know. You can't just buy a game. I tried it in golf and 3 gun and it don't work.

I was thinking the same thing that these would make a great addition to the current primary caddies as a good way to carry 4 extra rounds I'm a big shotgun stage. If they work out I think I'll REPLACE those two choates I run on my 9:00 & 3:00 positions.

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
Damn! And I just got out my check book for the next "game" payment,,,and now you tell me it doesn't work. Man I could have saved a bundle! :p

jtischauser

I loaded about 50 rounds out of this caddie this morning. It is definitely different than the MME caddies I am used to. Since the first load sits out farther from my belt you pull them out at an angle instead of straight up. That caused a few handfuls of shells to get funky out of the gate. The 2nd row of shells is not easy to get at. If you have small hands it will be tough to get to them at all. I never pull out a load of four and drop shells. I dropped several coming out of that back row of shells. Its just real tough to reach them. This carrier is very slow to load with shells too. I laid down on the floor with the caddy on and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be under my rock hard abs.

I will try some more tomorrow and let you know if things improve. I can't expect to be as fast as the ones i currently use because they are at least 10,000 practice rounds behind right now.

Latest posts