New places in the upstate (SC)

craigp

Well-Known Fanatic
So I did some exploring this weekend and stopped in at a few new places in town. First stop was Sharpshooters Indoor Range which opened up in Greenville on Rutherford Road near 291. The place is brand spanking new and still has that "new gun" smell (is there such a thing, like new car smell? Oh well, anyway) Big inside sales area, bright, long shooting lanes for indoor at 25 yards. Each range section had a posted Range Officer overseeing the activity in their area. All the lanes had cameras that you could watch from the sales area. Gun selection was good. Also had archery supplies.

Then I drove over to the new shop in Travelers Rest on Main Street, Personal Defense Outfitters. Had a great conversation with the guys up there, very willing to work with customers and they make you feel like home. Again a good broad selection and more than willing to order anything you are looking for. www.pdoutfitter.com

Then went out to Whitehorse Road in Berea and checked out Guns and Bikes. Now if I was into motorcycles this would definately be a place to be but I wasn't looking for motorcycle stuff so to the gun section I went. If you are into collectible pieces this is like Toys-R-Us because they had an amazing collection of rifle and pistols from every continent and every era. Amazing collection and all are for sale. They also had curent stuff as well and also very willing to help you find what you're looking for. Very friendly guys here too. Hey and if you're looking for a Ferrari they can hook you up! www.gunsandbikes.com

I'm glad to see new places open up and hope they are all successful in their desire to service and support our passion and rights as gun owners.

LuckyStrike

Well-Known Fanatic
Good report and agree with high interest being good for all shooters. Thanks for taking your time to post info. I need to get out more, will make a few stops. :D

bigfutz

Well-Known Fanatic
Not quite the new gun smell, but there's also Gunslingers Pawn on Butler Rd in Mauldin and Upstate Survival on Woodruff Rd. Anxiously awaiting Bob at Upstate Armory Group to announce his grand opening in Simpsonville!

bilall

Well-Known Fanatic
Went by to check out Sharpshooters in Greenville today. I was very impressed with the staff and the facility. My wife also liked it very much.
Reasonable policies, adequate safety rules and good range management.
It's just a couple of blocks off of my way home from work - this may not be so good.
I liked it so well I joined on the spot. I'm looking forward to shooting there often in the future.

Latest posts