New pistol or rifle upgrade

pcew73

Fanatic
I'm new to 3 gun and started out much like everyone else with gear. I've been shooting what I had. I have upgraded my shotgun and am happy with that. Now I'm looking to upgrade either my rifle or pistol. I already have a g34 but I'm looking to go to a 2011. I've shot a lot of 1911 and want the double stack 9mm. I also need to upgrade my rifle. The one I have currently is a heavy short barreled duty rifle with a mushy trigger.

I'm looking for advice on which you would choose and what make, model, you would go with. Thanks in advance.

pcew73

Fanatic
The rifle I currently have is pieced together, 10.5" with different manufactures. It wasn't just bought from say rock river or colt. I did put 1-6x optic on it and I'm going to keep it. There isn't anything this rifle that is conducive to speed or competition.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
pcew73 said:
The rifle I currently have is pieced together, 10.5" with different manufactures. It wasn't just bought from say rock river or colt. I did put 1-6x optic on it and I'm going to keep it. There isn't anything this rifle that is conducive to speed or competition.
Upgrade the rifle to an 18" of some kind. Keep the 1-6.

Glock 34 will be fine for a long time

How much money to you have budgeted for the upgrade?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Check the classifieds. Some dude posted a pistol and a rifle today that would be tough to beat.
Rumor has it he's having sextuplets and needs cash.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
10.5" rifle, although insanely loud, will be good for fast hoser stages, but if you have a few hundred yards to shoot then go with a 16" mid length gas or 18" rifle length gas to gain better accuracy.
A good 1-6 optic is perfect foe the sport. A quality trigger will make the most improvement though especially with your splits.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Jesse Tischauser said:
Check the classifieds. Some dude posted a pistol and a rifle today that would be tough to beat.Rumor has it he's having sextuplets and needs cash.
Both of those are super badass.
I'll admit that although I've been against going to a 2011 for the longest time, I found myself thinking about how to come up with the cash for that pistol today. Unfortunately though it would involve doing things that whiskey wouldn't remedy.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Matt Rigsby said:
10.5" rifle, although insanely loud, will be good for fast hoser stages.
You would think this, but I have found this not to be the case. You're too jammed up on the rifle. I don't like anything less than a rifle length handguard for gamer guns.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Wall said:
You would think this, but I have found this not to be the case. You're too jammed up on the rifle. I don't like anything less than a rifle length handguard for gamer guns.
I get that.
My PCC has a 13" handguard on it and my support hand is all the way to the end of it.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Matt Rigsby said:
I get that.
My PCC has a 13" handguard on it and my support hand is all the way to the end of it.
Yep, exactly

Latest posts